Who is more influential? Tommy Stinson or Pino Palladino?

Damn_Smooth

Greater influence.  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Once again, and for the final time - I covered these things in the other thread. I didn't change any parameters. This is what I've been originally saying since the very beginning. FFS. How many times must I go over this? Christ man, you're talking about admitting when one is wrong yet you refuse to acknowledge something I've said for the last 10 posts now. I've covered this. Read it. Or don't. But don't claim I'm changing parameters when I've been saying the same thing since this conversation started.

Internet vendetta? Lol. Why is that you weren't bitching about an internet vendetta in the Simulation thread but all the sudden this pops up and you decide to target anything I say to you outside this thread as some kind of horrible attempt at vengeance. Christ man, chill out.

I've got to hand it to DS. His ignorant anti-NIN trolling (even though Pino is pretty irrelevant to NIN, not that he'd know that) may have sparked one of the greatest debates ever. And it could only ever be conceivable on a Guns N' Roses forum. It's bled into 3 threads now and counting. This has "lol bumblefoot" potential. I demand atleast 40% credit.

Edited by Broskirose
  • Like 1

Guest Len B'stard
Once again, and for the final time - I covered these things in the other thread.

No you haven't, not at all, for example, my refuting of your saying he was the key artist for having the bass in the forefront in the 80s you haven't addressed at all.

I didn't change any parameters. This is what I've been originally saying since the very beginning. FFS. How many times must I go over this? Christ man, you're talking about admitting when one is wrong yet you refuse to acknowledge something I've said for the last 10 posts now. I've covered this. Read it. Or don't. But don't claim I'm changing parameters when I've been saying the same thing since this conversation started.

I read it, quoted it and and replied categorically and specifically. You've not said the same thing since this convo started and I've highlighted exactly and precisely where.

Internet vendetta? Lol. Why is that you weren't bitching about an internet vendetta in the Simulation thread but all the sudden this pops up and you decide to target anything I say to you outside this thread as some kind of horrible attempt at vengeance.

Because it's easier to just take the piss out of you back because, despite your attempts at trying to take the piss you're not actually very good at it and as such it's kinda easy to shut you up, whereas this was kinda direct, not to mention your other weird propensity of popping up here and there with 'why do you have so many smileys in your posts?' or 'wow, thats a lotta smileys' or 'congratulations, you've made a post without smileys. The very fact that you're bringing up the Simulation thread kinda backs up my point.

This has "lol bumblefoot" potential.

Well now wouldn't that be a wonderful achievement for you? :lol: Perhaps you could print it all out and have your mum stick it on the fridge for you. But lets not over-complicate this, do you have any response for the points I've raised? I'm guessing no because you keep ignoring it and opting for 'i refuse to repeat myself' despite not having touched on the point and having it laid out clear as day for you. If not then perhaps it's time to draw a line under it.

You've succeeded in making childish insults and coming off as completely ignorant about music. Nothing more. But please don't get this topic locked with your insults again. Wouldn't want to take this debate to a third thread, now would we?

Why are you crying about insults again when you're the first to throw them? Seriously, I excused you for acting like a 5 year old since you're only 10 years removed, but in no reality am I going to excuse you for acting like a 5 year old girl.
First to throw them? You've gone about how I'm a retarded moron for days now over a musician you admit to having zero knowledge on.

Calling you ignorant about music is not an insult. Whine somewhere else.

It's my thread you retarded moron, I'll whine here if I wish.:lol: If ignorant was the first thing you said, I would have no issues with it. In fact, I have no issues about any of your insults other than the fact that they should be better. I only have issues with you crying about insults when you're so quick to throw them out. Quit crying and man up and we'll all be fine.

I've got to hand it to DS. His ignorant anti-NIN trolling (even though Pino is pretty irrelevant to NIN, not that he'd know that) may have sparked one of the greatest debates ever. And it could only ever be conceivable on a Guns N' Roses forum. It's bled into 3 threads now and counting. This has "lol bumblefoot" potential. I demand atleast 40% credit.

That's how I roll. :shrugs:

Once again, and for the final time - I covered these things in the other thread.

No you haven't, not at all, for example, my refuting of your saying he was the key artist for having the bass in the forefront in the 80s you haven't addressed at all.

I didn't change any parameters. This is what I've been originally saying since the very beginning. FFS. How many times must I go over this? Christ man, you're talking about admitting when one is wrong yet you refuse to acknowledge something I've said for the last 10 posts now. I've covered this. Read it. Or don't. But don't claim I'm changing parameters when I've been saying the same thing since this conversation started.

I read it, quoted it and and replied categorically and specifically. You've not said the same thing since this convo started and I've highlighted exactly and precisely where.

Internet vendetta? Lol. Why is that you weren't bitching about an internet vendetta in the Simulation thread but all the sudden this pops up and you decide to target anything I say to you outside this thread as some kind of horrible attempt at vengeance.

Because it's easier to just take the piss out of you back because, despite your attempts at trying to take the piss you're not actually very good at it and as such it's kinda easy to shut you up, whereas this was kinda direct, not to mention your other weird propensity of popping up here and there with 'why do you have so many smileys in your posts?' or 'wow, thats a lotta smileys' or 'congratulations, you've made a post without smileys. The very fact that you're bringing up the Simulation thread kinda backs up my point.

This has "lol bumblefoot" potential.

Well now wouldn't that be a wonderful achievement for you? :lol: Perhaps you could print it all out and have your mum stick it on the fridge for you. But lets not over-complicate this, do you have any response for the points I've raised? I'm guessing no because you keep ignoring it and opting for 'i refuse to repeat myself' despite not having touched on the point and having it laid out clear as day for you. If not then perhaps it's time to draw a line under it.

Remember that thing about saying nothing with a lot of words? You need to work on that. Atleast there were no smileys on this one though.

What exactly do you want me to respond to? The thing about reggae music? Because I specifically referred to 80s pop in my initial post on the issue in the other thread. If that's not it, then what? Let's steer this ship back on course. Our captain may be a bit touched, but we can still salvage this. You and me together. Teamwork. Let's do it.

Edit: Oh wait, there was a smiley. :max:

Edited by Broskirose

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah but we ain't in the other fuckin' thread are we dickhead? :lol: Seriously, you're fuckin' wrong and you can't admit to it, you just keep pounding that old drum, i ain't in the other thread, i haven't been in the other thread, i don't even know which thread is the other thread nor am i interested in trawling through fuck knows how many pages of thread somewhere just to find out you're talking out of your arse like you were doing here. You said something specific here to me and here you were wrong and here i pointed out that you were wrong, i ain't interested in whether you said something different somewhere once on the same subject to someone else, thats not what I'm talking about, I'm talking about this conversation here that we're having.

And you've changed the parameters again, now its 80s POP. I tell you what, you have a time out, glass of water, relax, work out what you're trying to say then get back to me, hows that? Take your time, no rush.

God, it's like feeding mashed banana to a retarded child :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

You're a bit daft aren't you? I didn't change any parameters. I said 80s pop on my very first post on this subject - which started in another thread. I will now link you to that exact quote and you can see for yourself. http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/205782-why-finck-prefers-nin-over-gnr/?p=3681593

I also suggest reading through that thread if you want to see a real example of changing parameters.

I'm sorry that I'm not able to remember exactly what I said in which thread. But again, I've been telling you about the fact that I covered these things in another thread for a while now, so I'm not sure what you want from me.

Anything else?

Guest Len B'stard

OH RIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT, oh it all makes sense nowww, oh OK, so basically, what happened was you started this conversation on a different day in a different time and place and I'm meant to've known that, oh i understand, and here i was responding when addressed like a moron, ugh :lol:

I've gotta say, that takes the fuckin' biscuit, thats the first time i've ever come across that in the framework of a discussion, you say something, you're wrong…but it's OK cuz you were right before somewhere else once :lol: I've gotta see where this goes!

You ever think about just having a normal debate/conversation without being such a condescending hooray for tolertits?

I've been telling you about that thread for ages. Don't act like this is the first time I've brought it up. You've conveniently ignored it in most of your posts. Gee, I wonder why? It's not like I said something completely contradictory. Stop acting like it is. I was just more specific initially, which I figured might have been the case - hence me directing you to that thread on several occasions.

Guest Len B'stard

The word 'floundering' comes to mind at this point :lol:

I ignored it because what the fuck do i wanna go reading some other thread about something I'm not interested in? What has that got to do with the fact that you said the shit wrong here and thats what i was responding to, in direct conversation with me you were wrong, I'm not interested in some other thread where you were having a different discussion that somehow led to this, I'm talking to you, in this thread and in this thread you were wrong and your riposte to that is that in some other thread you were right well good for you but you weren't talking to me in that one and that one, whatever the fuck it is, isn't the one that I made my point in.

I actually can't believe I'm having this conversation :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

The word 'floundering' comes to mind at this point :lol:

I ignored it because what the fuck do i wanna go reading some other thread about something I'm not interested in? What has that got to do with the fact that you said the shit wrong here and thats what i was responding to, in direct conversation with me you were wrong, I'm not interested in some other thread where you were having a different discussion that somehow led to this, I'm talking to you, in this thread and in this thread you were wrong and your riposte to that is that in some other thread you were right well good for you but you weren't talking to me in that one and that one, whatever the fuck it is, isn't the one that I made my point in.

I actually can't believe I'm having this conversation :lol:

Ignoring the fact that it's been said about 10 times now that the thread was derailed entirely into a discussion about the same exact thing we're talking about here.

Guest Len B'stard

John Giblin and the late great Mick Karn > Pino as far as influential (on fretless) goes.

Would Jaco Pastorius fit that bill too?

• 2 weeks later...

Pino Palladino is a more influential bassist. If you surveyed 100 accomplished bass players, the resounding answer would be Pino. While the Replacements are somewhat influential - and Tommy is perhaps more well known than Pino amongst the general music population - Stinson isn't even regarded as an influential bassist.

He was just part of an influential band.

• Like 3

I gotta go with Tommy since he was an integral part of a band that influenced a wide amount of genres (Green Day, Plenty of alt. country, etc.)

I think Pino is definitely a better bassist (Being chosen to replace John Entwistle says something), but I really just consider him a top-tier session musican.

When you think about it, this thread is like:

"That guy from The Who that isn't Entwistle. So what?"

"ZOMG IS THE BEST BASSIST EVER. HE'S LIKE JAMES JAMERSON, CLIFF BURTON AND FLEA CUMMING ALL OVER MY FACE AT THE SAME TIME. TOTES INFLUENTIAL ON NO ONE ANYONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT OMG SO AWESOME"

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

So much bollocksing going on in this thread. I'd call it a victory for broski.

Oh of course, the culmination of his position being to go in every second thread and go 'needs more Pino', i mean with reasonable lucid behaviour like that his position is clearly unassailable :lol:

• Like 1