Vegas residency 2012 dvd

Tom2112

No one wants the other one to put things out. The thing is I sort of understand why. Neither side wants to see someone else play their music.

I understand that. BUT Slash quit GN'R. If he didn't want it (other musicians playing his songs), he should never quit. When you quit something, looks like you're letting it go. So this is what's not right in the picture. From the moment Slash quit GN'R, he should move on - ok to play a few tunes here and there, it's his past as well, but to try to control and or manipulate the current plans of the band HE quit... I don't think it's right. In the other hand, Axl's been fighting for this band for so many years (I believe you know much more about all the shit he's been through than any fan here) so is it fair to have issues to release new stuff, when related to old songs? I wish Slash could quit for real. People are so used to say Axl lives in the past but when Slash plays GN'R (all the time) and when he (seems like, I don't think it's 100% sure) tries and/or blocks new things GN'R wants to release, people in general don't say a word. It's so unfair.

According to Slash he didn't really quit, he just didn't join the new GNR that Axl started because he didn't have his part ofthe say so like he used to. However in a way, when he signed over the name is when you can say he sort of quit. Those guys made some special music together and I can see why neither one wants the other to fuck with it. Playing it live is one thing because they all had a hand in making it and it will always be a part of who they are.

Marc, to your knowledge, did any legal actions from Slash hold up CD? I just wonder if he's mad at the name being used for something official or if he wants a bigger royalty cut from the songs that he helped write.

I don´t know.However I think Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven should take legal action to get the name back. I don´t want them to make new music if they don´t want to. But they must save what is left of the GN´R legacy from Axl and his pathetic entourage. I don´t see how Axl can be proud and happy with what his doing with the name right now. If Axl only cares about making money he better think of another name for his lame ass nostalgia act.

No one wants the other one to put things out. The thing is I sort of understand why. Neither side wants to see someone else play their music.

I understand that. BUT Slash quit GN'R. If he didn't want it (other musicians playing his songs), he should never quit. When you quit something, looks like you're letting it go. So this is what's not right in the picture. From the moment Slash quit GN'R, he should move on - ok to play a few tunes here and there, it's his past as well, but to try to control and or manipulate the current plans of the band HE quit... I don't think it's right. In the other hand, Axl's been fighting for this band for so many years (I believe you know much more about all the shit he's been through than any fan here) so is it fair to have issues to release new stuff, when related to old songs? I wish Slash could quit for real. People are so used to say Axl lives in the past but when Slash plays GN'R (all the time) and when he (seems like, I don't think it's 100% sure) tries and/or blocks new things GN'R wants to release, people in general don't say a word. It's so unfair.

According to Slash he didn't really quit, he just didn't join the new GNR that Axl started because he didn't have his part ofthe say so like he used to. However in a way, when he signed over the name is when you can say he sort of quit. Those guys made some special music together and I can see why neither one wants the other to fuck with it. Playing it live is one thing because they all had a hand in making it and it will always be a part of who they are.

Marc, to your knowledge, did any legal actions from Slash hold up CD? I just wonder if he's mad at the name being used for something official or if he wants a bigger royalty cut from the songs that he helped write.

I don´t know.However I think Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven should take legal action to get the name back. I don´t want them to make new music if they don´t want to. But they must save what is left of the GN´R legacy from Axl and his pathetic entourage. I don´t see how Axl can be proud and happy with what his doing with the name right now. If Axl only cares about making money he better think of another name for his lame ass nostalgia act.

I just feel bad for him if that's the case. The GN'R name is clearly a burden. It'd be awesome to see where he could really take the name, but if there's really so many roadblocks, he might have had an easier time under a new title.

Its not fair to really say who started it. They just didn't agree anymore and things got ugly on both sides.

Yes, things got ugly. It really hurts me to see this sinking boat. I can´t do anything to rescue Axl from himself. All I can do is just watch :cry: