Whose voice does Axl resemble the most nowadays?

I was watching a Rush concert last night (not really a fan, but it was on tv) and it made me think of this thread. Today's Axl sound like Geddy Lee. Let me say I for one have always hated Geddy Lee, I swear every fucking song he sings, I have no idea what the fuck they are about. But having said that, many people love him and Rush, so I guess it could be worse. I like the music Rush makes, but Geddy just gets on my nerves. Having said that, at least with Axl, I know what his songs are about, I swear all of Rush's sound the same. But yes for me, Axl now sounds like Geddy Lee.

This. Times a million.

Can't stand Geddy's voice. I have to change the radio every time a Rush comes on (which is often, seeing as I live in Toronto). It's a shame, because I think they're an extremely talented band musically, but his voice just kills it for me.

I also feel like Axl's higher registry reminds me lately of the higher registry of Steve Perry, lead singer of Journey.

never understood the love for rush. I guess some folks probably don't dig gnr or axls voice even when it's good though.

To be honest I perfer Rush to GNR nowadays, I have seen Rush a few times and they have been nothing but a class act still on fire, plus their music is just amazingly awesome. Can't get enough of Rush :thumbsup:

To be honest I perfer Rush to GNR nowadays, I have seen Rush a few times and they have been nothing but a class act still on fire, plus their music is just amazingly awesome. Can't get enough of Rush :thumbsup:

The sad irony of my disdain for Rush music as a result of Geddy's voice is that I've had several opportunities to meet Rush and see them practice at Geddy's house. A friend of mine is good friend's with Geddy's son, and I was invited to watch them practice a few years ago at Geddy's place before one of their live tours (can't remember which year it was). I know Rush fans who would give their left arm, but I had to pass. I knew I would have a hard time acting as though I was enjoying myself. Also have a friend who's father was in a rather large pop band in the 80s and gets invited to celebrity golf events that he sometimes brings his son and I to. He asked if we wanted to go meet the guys in Rush once and we both decided to play another round of golf instead. It should be noted that it was raining at the time. :P

I think Rush is a great band, but just not my thing. I wouldn't disparage anyone for being fans just as I wouldn't want anyone giving me a hard time for being a fan of GNR (which, let's be honest, is a far easier target these days than being a fan of Rush).

• Like 1