Could someone show me a poor performance from Axl 86-93?

From time to time I hear that Axl's always been on/off in his performances. Well, I'm not saying that it isn't true, but I honestly can't recall ANY bad performances during the classic line-up 86-93. I remeber some slip-ups from Slash, but never from Axl.

Could someone please post some poor performances from Axl during this period?

are you telling me that someone performing in their 50s isn't as good as when they were in the 20s-30s?

:wow:

you are aware that axl was simply amazing 4 years ago right? as good as in his 20s-30s. if you want to defend his shit voice, use a different argument please.

• Like 2

Axl, and I'm not trying to make a joke here, sounds like he has some sort of cold or had just recently lost his voice.

Really? Because it looks to me that he was really drunk and probably coked up.

That too...but just his voice, sounds like he swallowed sandpaper. Singing after an upper respiratory infection would do that for sure.

That Indiana show was the 6th or 7th date on the actual tour. This is not counting the Rio dates which were back in January of 91. So by today's standards it's alright for Axl to sound like shit for the first several dates at the start of a tour. But not back in 91. Go figure. Those vocals on Nov. Rain sure beat the hell out of the Mickey Mouse vocals he uses today.

And as far as the band,again start of a tour. With new songs. The kinks were probably still being worked out for live performances of those new songs.

Edited by SweetRose

That Indiana show was the 6th or 7th date on the actual tour. This is not counting the Rio dates which were back in January of 91. So by today's standards it's alright for Axl to sound like shit for the first several dates at the start of a tour. But not back in 91. Go figure. Those vocals on Nov. Rain sure beat the hell out of the Mickey Mouse vocals he uses today.

And as far as the band,again start of a tour. With new songs. The kinks were probably still being worked out for live performances of those new songs.

I'd really appreciate it if you could find me a quote of somebody saying that it's all right for Axl to sound like shit for the first several dates at the start of a tour now. Thanks in advance. Edited by Damn_Smooth

You know it's been said a million times that it's early and he pieces more together the further in the tour is. I don't read or post here that often and even I have read that.

Maybe it wasn't plainly stated, but it has been implied on more than one occasion that, since he doesn't do warm-ups, the early shows are his warm-ups. And no, I'm not looking for quotes to back that up because I don't really care that much.

You know it's been said a million times that it's early and he pieces more together the further in the tour is. I don't read or post here that often and even I have read that.

Maybe it wasn't plainly stated, but it has been implied on more than one occasion that, since he doesn't do warm-ups, the early shows are his warm-ups. And no, I'm not looking for quotes to back that up because I don't really care that much.

Exactly!We would be quoting or linking to hundreds of post from right here on this very board!! LOL

So we have 2 people claiming that somebody said that it was OK for Axl to sound like shit at the start of a tour, and 0 people that are willing to back up that claim. Is there anybody out there that can back up their claim for them? Please? Again, thanks in advance.

Let's make this easier. Can anybody that claims that it is OK for Axl to sound like shit at the start of a tour please step forward? Can we get a show of hands please?

Edited by Damn_Smooth