Who was the most talented NWA member?

arnold layne

Guest Len B'stard

Eazy Muthafuckin' E.

If you can justify that I will give you a million pounds.

On topic: It's between Dr Dre and Ice Cube, probably Dre although Ice Cube is probably my favorite...when was Arabian Prince a member of NWA?!?! :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

...when was Arabian Prince a member of NWA?!?! :lol:

I was gonna ask that but then I remembered that I know nothing about hippity hop. :lol:

I think the mistake might've come about by virtue of the NWA & The Posse album which has NWA and, predictably enough, their 'Posse' on it, one of whom is Arabian Prince so perhaps people just tend to lump em all in together by virtue of the association :shrugs:

Guest Len B'stard

No he wasn't.

EDIT: Well shit in my grandmothers mouth, apparently i don't know everything, you're right Lucius, he was!

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

Ice Cube easily, the man sounded meaner and badder than any of them dudes.

Yeah but Dre produced, was a great MC, and had arguably the most successful career after NWA (not to diminish Ice Cubes post NWA work) but The Chronic is considered in the top ten best rap albums of all time by most hip hop fans.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Ice Cube easily, the man sounded meaner and badder than any of them dudes.

Yeah but Dre produced, was a great MC, and had arguably the most successful career after NWA (not to diminish Ice Cubes post NWA work) but The Chronic is considered in the top ten best rap albums of all time by most hip hop fans.

In Mexzillas defence, Dre was never an MC although i kinda share your position in that I couldn't pick between Dre and Cube cuz Dre is...well, Dre's Dre, Dre's almost peerless in terms of what he's done in hip hop as a producer but then on the other hand Cube is one of the best to ever do it in terms of being a rapper, from NWA and shaking the world like that to his crazy gangsta militant fiercely pro black and unrelenting attack when he got with the bomb squad from AmeriKKKas most want on.

Listen to Ice Cube early albums and you'll find that Tupac is absolutely ripping him off with his first two albums, like doing a total Ice Cube impersonation. Then like as far as the diss song, No Vaseline is like...OK, put it this way, has any diss song gone further than no Vaseline? Hit Em Up is cold as fuck and pretty close but No Vaseline is just mental like that, Hit Em Up was pretty fuckin' stupidly cold, fuckin' someones wife and saying you're gonna make sure their kids don't grow...but No Vaseline is just fuckin' deadly. And then like his beef with Cypress Hill and The King of the Hill...or Common...or the stories of him going into his record label office with baseball bats and all that shit, Cubes just legendary, one of the greatest living persons on the mic today, along with LL Cool J, KRS One, he is one of the Gods of the diss song writers.

I honestly couldn't pick between the two, greatest rapper versus great producer, you could claim either to me and I'd be hard pushed to call you a liar.

• Like 2

Guest Len B'stard

Does he or does he not rip Cypress Hill into tiny little pieces here? :lol: And hilariously too, i just can't stop laughing the whole duration, he just slaughters em :lol: Nothing Cypress could do could come back from this.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

They were brilliant at that How I Could Just Kill A Man and Sawn off Shotgun, Hand on a Pump stage...Insane in the Brain and even as far along as Dr Greenthumb, i like Cypress, i got respect for em but specifically in terms of that diss battle Cube won. The flip side is on a street level Cypress won, one of their mates sparked Cube out, robbed his chain at some lights in LA...Cypress later bought his chain out onstage during a gig soon after. Apparently the mexican community is strong in LA and you can't fuck with him, Cube and Mack 10 and them were the ones who settled it, not Cypress.

And all over songs :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

At a glance i thought that said manual wank :lol: Come to that I wouldn't know what to do with it either. clip in the bottom then pull that fuckin' lever on the side...i think? Even thats probably bollocks...and it's probably got a safety on it somewhere too, fuck knows where. I could load your shotguns and handguns but I wouldn't know what to do with those big bastards.

I should just stick to the manual wank :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen