THIS is what happens when Axl gets into a song

Guest NGOG

So I spent part of my day rewatching the Golden Gods, and I noticed that for the first time in a long time, Axl starts jumping up and down during the breakdown of 'Better'. Just by getting hyped, Axl's vocals improve drastically.

I uploaded the specific part I'm talking about: http://www.tubechop.com/watch/2680246

For me, that alone is a reason to keep following GNR. Imagine that type of vocal on a new record!

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 1

dude, if he just jumped around on each song, his vocals would improve.... i wonder if he's thought of this yet? the problem is though playing november rain, sitting at the piano, will he be able to jump on this song?

perhaps not that one but most the others he can jump around on, so most vocals from now on should be good as long as he is jumping

• Like 2

dude, if he just jumped around on each song, his vocals would improve.... i wonder if he's thought of this yet? the problem is though playing november rain, sitting at the piano, will he be able to jump on this song?

perhaps not that one but most the others he can jump around on, so most vocals from now on should be good as long as he is jumping

• Like 2

lol

Congrats, you found a 15 second segment where Axl sounds like he used to all the time!

80% of GNR's value to me is in their studio records. As long as Axl is capable of astonishing short vocal takes, I'm good.

• Like 1

Congrats, you found a 15 second segment where Axl sounds like he used to all the time!

80% of GNR's value to me is in their studio records. As long as Axl is capable of astonishing short vocal takes, I'm good.

I can agree with that. Despite hating on his voice in concert I think he's capable of sounding great on an album.

When axl was more thin 7 years ago he used to do jump like that on better didn't know he could still pull that of was surprised and after that great vocals even though it felt like he was just trying to hard to use rasp.

If Axl continued to jump around with every song, he' be breaking some bones before the night was done. lol

that's the truth. Once you're over 50, your bones just aren't as strong as when you were 20. I've know men in shape who have broken bones and pulled muscles and they were way younger than Axl.

So no jumping around isn't a good idea. Maybe Axl can get a new metal hip or new knees and then he could jump away.

When axl was more thin 7 years ago he used to do jump like that on better

I think it has more to do with his hamstring injury:

axlbruises.jpg

If Axl continued to jump around with every song, he' be breaking some bones before the night was done. lol

that's the truth. Once you're over 50, your bones just aren't as strong as when you were 20. I've know men in shape who have broken bones and pulled muscles and they were way younger than Axl.

So no jumping around isn't a good idea. Maybe Axl can get a new metal hip or new knees and then he could jump away.

What if we got new Robot Axl? That'd be awesome.