German exchange student killed in "stand your ground" type shooting

Dazey

Guest Len B'stard

Waiting for an opportunity to fatally shoot somebody - because your know a certain event is inevitable - is sociopathic behaviour. The shooter had an implicit desire to kill.

Somebody with more of a rationale would have asked the robber to put his hands behind his head, and get on the ground (while he phoned 911). If the robber declined that request, or pulled a weapon himself, kneecap him.

Spoken like a true Irishman :lol:

Actually the whole subject is so fucked up, armed self defense I mean. All the outcomes are horrible, there's no denying that. Just trying to make the right judgement in a given scenario, how the legal system should react etc.

One thing I can't get over my head is, why do people spend so much money on building an arsenal when there would be much more humane and even safer alternatives such as;

1. Getting a good alarm system with video cameras and monitors

2. Getting one or more big dogs if possible

3. Panic room

I bet at least one of the options could be obtained with the amount of money being used to getting a huge arsenal when more than two guns is enough for armed self defense..

Because paranoia and rational thought are generally mutually exclusive concepts.

• Like 1