Buenos Aires 2014 was pretty awesome

Just came across some great videos of this gig. Hadn't seen any of it until now. It was in the Estadio Ferro, 6th April 2014.

I haven't been all that keen on Axl's voice in a lot of songs recently and hadn't found much satisfaction watching new footage, but this gig has sort of rekindled my love for the current shows.

Now i don't know if it's the quality of the videos, but I haven't heard Axl sounding this powerful in quite a while. While there is a lack of rasp at times, (especially YCBM and SCOM unfortunately) his voice still sounds relatively powerful and acceptable even without it, and even those 2 aren't too bad to listen to. But i get the feeling it may be down to the quality of the videos because they've got an awesome live, raw sound to them to the ones i usually hear.

I noticed Axl is enjoying himself a lot more in these videos....i don't remember the last time i've seen him acting like this. Switching things up a bit, spinning with the mic stand, flipping somebody off and laughing, pushing Ashba around, etc. Seems right up for it! Some of these videos seem a lot less 'rehearsed' than a lot of shows in recent times. While it's not 2010 form, I'd be quite happy if he was to keep this performance up at least.

Although I did notice, alongside Jungle, TIL and It's So Easy the most refreshing videos to watch were My Michelle, Nice Boys, Used to Love Her, which are very rarely played. Watching those 3 really made me think we need new music, or at least bring back some more forgotten songs. Seems to really kick Axl into gear a bit more!

Some videos can be found here https://www.youtube.com/user/n3ovideo/videos

Edited by OJones90

It's still a good show but kinda reductive and sad to see the same thing but a lot weaker. It's beside the point what forum nerds think because each time the show rolls into town for the majority of the fans, it's their only time they show much interest in the band so they're largely unaware of any issues or lesser quality, maybe they think Axl sounds old now but still kicks ass when you're in that environment but if he had the same power he had even thru parts of 12 the quality increases massively, after all he is the attraction, carrying 70% of the expectations and star power even tho the guys are a real tight band, just not been able to stamp any kind of personality or their own talent on the name.

It's still a good show but kinda reductive and sad to see the same thing but a lot weaker. It's beside the point what forum nerds think because each time the show rolls into town for the majority of the fans, it's their only time they show much interest in the band so they're largely unaware of any issues or lesser quality, maybe they think Axl sounds old now but still kicks ass when you're in that environment but if he had the same power he had even thru parts of 12 the quality increases massively, after all he is the attraction, carrying 70% of the expectations and star power even tho the guys are a real tight band, just not been able to stamp any kind of personality or their own talent on the name.

You know, I was thinking this earlier. I have a friend who is a GNR fan, but I don't think he's seen any new GNR footage, in fact i'm not even sure how much old GNR footage he's even seen. All i know is he likes a lot of GNR songs and knows the old band members. Well he may get the chance to see them in Vegas soon and he's thinking of going. Despite Axl not being on top form TO US, I think he'll love the show. Despite what people think, and despite a lot of us preferring rasp, Axl can still sing his ass off and it's still an outstanding show.

I've been to 3 GNR shows - Belfast 2010, London 2010 (with Duff) and London 2012 (with Izzy.) Since then, i haven't been all that impressed apart from certain songs, and thought meh, doubt i'll bother going again. But after watching some good videos lately, like the ones in my first post, i really do want to. Those videos have a real raw, live sound to them, and it just made me think "would i love to be there?" The answer was yes haha

Edited by OJones90
  • Like 1