New interview w/Dizzy Reed [Sight of Sound]

Guest NGOG

Guest NGOG

*IF* Rock and Roll Hall of Fame agreed with the new lineup perfomance, *MAYBE* it could happened a reunion perfomance also.

Exactly. At the end of the day, Axl just wanted the new band to be treated with respect. Had the organizers made a slight compromise, and allowed modern GNR to perform, they would have made Axl more amenable to doing something with the old band.

Life is all about reaching a middle ground.

I understand the decision to not let the new band play, especially with something like this.

But you're right tho.

As I said already, they felt they were acting out of principle. But in hindsight, they missed a huge opportunity by acting wth their heart, instead of their head.

At the end of the day, anyone that enters a concert will likely have to endure a part of a show they dislike. To see GNR in 2010, I had to sit through a set by Danko Jones. Why not let the new band do their thing, if it meant something historic might happen?

Guest NGOG

Here comes full retard NGOG....

Would you like to point out the flaws in my post, instead of insulting me personally?
When you call people cupcakes for disagreeing with you, you go full retard. Or should we just call that going NGOG?

You'll see that, as always, you began the personal shit.

But in my view, I was stating a fact. Maynard is somewhat intelligent, so when he asks a question that he is capable of answering himself, I interpret that as trolling. It's nothing like calling someone a 'retard'.

But this is just diverting from what I asked you to do: show what is retarded about my Hall of Fame logic.

Guest NGOG

Perhaps some of the old guys see the new band as an affront to their legacy? I know if i were Slash and saw Ashba playing my stuff under the Guns n Roses banner, i would be outraged.

And that is what I described as arguing from a position of principle. If you're trying to organize a historic event, what is the more pragmatic approach:

A. Ensuring the most important figure won't attend by declining to heed his wishes. Thus killing about 90% of the intrigue that surrounds the event.

B. Compromise with said person, maximize the Hall of Fame audience, and open a whole range of possibilities.

My take on the HOF thing is that everyone who was inducted deserved it. Many people say that because Slash, Matt, Steven, Gilby and Duff played live they were hanging onto the past and milking it. If they were hanging onto the past it pales in comparison the the amount of hanging onto the past that Axl has been and still is doing. They gave a kickass performance and it was awesome to see. It is a shame that Izzy didn't go and a bigger shame that one member feels so self important to turn up. Axl should have gone and accepted his award, he didn't have to play anything, he could have declined that part and i would personally have a hell of a lot more respect for him than i do right now.

• Like 1

Guns-N-Roses-jams-into-Rock-Hall-5D1ADNV

The bottom line is that Axl Rose hurt himself and his employees by not showing-up.

He let Slash and Co. continue to cement themselves in the public consciousness as the real Guns N' Roses.

Which is funny because Slash doesn't want that. He's trying his best to be recognized for his stuff outside of GN'R.

And I don't blame him for that, he should do whatever he wants.

And I still can't believe why they let Myles sing that night. I'm not a fan of Axl's Mickey skills, but Myles' vocals on GN'R songs are terrible. He sounds so whiny.

• Like 1

Perhaps some of the old guys see the new band as an affront to their legacy? I know if i were Slash and saw Ashba playing my stuff under the Guns n Roses banner, i would be outraged.

And that is what I described as arguing from a position of principle. If you're trying to organize a historic event, what is the more pragmatic approach:

A. Ensuring the most important figure won't attend by declining to heed his wishes. Thus killing about 90% of the intrigue that surrounds the event.

B. Compromise with said person, maximize the Hall of Fame audience, and open a whole range of possibilities.

I can see where you are coming from but i politely disagree with the statement that the majority should compromise with the minority. Axl showed himself to be a bitter man who cannot let go...

• Like 2

Guest NGOG

I can see where you are coming from but i politely disagree with the statement that the majority should compromise with the minority. Axl showed himself to be a bitter man who cannot let go...

It's not about compromising with minorities; it's about ensuring the presence of somebody that is extremely important to the relevance of the ceremony.

It's bullshit the HOF wouldn't let the new band play. They wouldn't have missed an opportunity for Axl to be there and have whatever clusterfuck that would go down, go down. That's what they're all about. So maybe that the's the excuse Axl sold Dizzy, but according to some it's because he hated Slash who "interfered with his creativity": http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/186213-axl-told-roger-friedman-in-january-that-he-wouldnt-attend-hof-ceremony/

We can't be sure of the truth, but which sounds more likely?

Would you like to point out the flaws in my post, instead of insulting me personally?
When you call people cupcakes for disagreeing with you, you go full retard. Or should we just call that going NGOG?

But in my view, I was stating a fact. Maynard is somewhat intelligent, so when he asks a question that he is capable of answering himself, I interpret that as trolling. It's nothing like calling someone a 'retard'.

But this is just diverting from what I asked you to do: show what is retarded about my Hall of Fame logic.

Don't give me that stating a fact shit. You know as well as I do what you were up to. My retard comment was about only your cupcake comment.

As for the HOF stuff, it's done with and I'm not going to spend a lot of time thinking about it. Axl didn't attend, more or less because he's a bitch. End of.

Guest NGOG

It's bullshit the HOF wouldn't let the new band play. They wouldn't have missed an opportunity for Axl to be there and have whatever clusterfuck that would go down, go down. That's what they're all about. So maybe that the's the excuse Axl sold Dizzy, but according to some it's because he hated Slash who "interfered with his creativity": http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/186213-axl-told-roger-friedman-in-january-that-he-wouldnt-attend-hof-ceremony/

Not the recollections of an entertainment journalist.

You're deluded if you think these recollections sound less likely than what Dizzy presented. Dizzy, who in every pre-HOF interview said no one had spoken to him on the subject, versus a guy who is probably not too familiar with Axl's rants or Slash obsession, being able to fabricate something that sounds exactly like what Axl would say.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

Guest NGOG

Don't give me that stating a fact shit. You know as well as I do what you were up to. My retard comment was about only your cupcake comment.

As for the HOF stuff, it's done with and I'm not going to spend a lot of time thinking about it. Axl didn't attend, more or less because he's a bitch. End of.

Well I am going to give you that 'stating a fact' shit, because I was. Maynard cupcakes the board with questions he knows the answer to.

OK, so despite saying that my post was retarded, you won't actually address any of my post. If you're not going to explain why the content of my post is retarded, I'm just going to assume that you can't.

Guest NGOG

versus a guy who is probably not too familiar with Axl's rants or Slash obsession

That's quite the assumption you're making. I doubt there are many US journalists that are unfamiliar with the Axl/Slash feud.

Based on Axl's initial reaction to being inducted, something could have been negotiated.

NGOG, it's clear that you don't understand one very important fact:

Axl would never have gone to the RRHOF if Slash were there. They could've given the stage to Axl, DJ, and Beta playing an acoustic version of Scraped, and still Axl would not show up if slash were there.

If you can't see that, then you truly are blinded by Axl-worship.

• Like 1

versus a guy who is probably not too familiar with Axl's rants or Slash obsession

That's quite the assumption you're making. I doubt there are many US journalists that are unfamiliar with the Axl/Slash feud.

Based on Axl's initial reaction to being inducted, something could have been negotiated.

The feud? Yes. Axl's Slash obsession and nonsensical logic? Doubt it. Jimmy Kimmel had a similar recollection of Axl going off about Slash. Why would an entertainment journalist take the time to make this up:

(A) Months after the fact instead of when it allegedly happened and would get the most coverage. Fabricating something like this after Axl says he isn't going to the HOF is horrible journalism.

(B) Use it as an afterthought on the whole issue instead of using it for an article or a top story for whoever he works for?

Guest NGOG

Dude, I said the retarded comment was just about the cupcake thing. What are you not understanding? I wasn't calling the rest of your post retarded. I didn't even read the rest of your post. :lol:

Initially you just said that I was going full-retard, so I was curious to know why you felt that way. As in my view, my points were quite reasonable.

But now I know you made your comment based on one tiny aspect of my post (and ignored the actual bulk of my argument). Maybe when you respond to my posts in future, you could actually do me the courtesy of reading what I have to say. Instead of switching off over a semantic.

Edited by NGOG

Guest NGOG

The feud? Yes. Axl's Slash obsession and nonsensical logic? Doubt it. Jimmy Kimmel had a similar recollection of Axl going off about Slash. Why would an entertainment journalist take the time to make this up:

It seems nonsensical to you, but what evidence do you have to show that Axl's problem with Slash is based on thin air? He's never gone into detail about his beef with Slash, so I'm not sure you can say with authority that it is nonsensical. Maybe one day The Honor of Thieves 2 will be in our hands and we'll be able to say who we feel is right.

But back to the point at hand: Axl very probably did vent about Slash, but that doesn't neceassarily mean the journalist was right to attribute it to his no-show.