New interview w/Dizzy Reed [Sight of Sound]

Guest NGOG

"There was opposition regarding a performance and having the current lineup perform, which to me was just ridiculous because Tommy Stinson has been in the band for, like, sixteen years. And Richard Fortus has been in the band for twelve years... blah blah blah..." :jerkoff:

Guest NGOG

*IF* Rock and Roll Hall of Fame agreed with the new lineup perfomance, *MAYBE* it could happened a reunion perfomance also.

Exactly. At the end of the day, Axl just wanted the new band to be treated with respect. Had the organizers made a slight compromise, and allowed modern GNR to perform, they would have made Axl more amenable to doing something with the old band.

Life is all about reaching a middle ground.

• Like 2

*IF* Rock and Roll Hall of Fame agreed with the new lineup perfomance, *MAYBE* it could happened a reunion perfomance also.

The problem is the new lineup doesn't deserve any award. It's not like Axl replaced one again and kept things going (like RHCP), it's a completely different band which produced 1 low quality/unknown album in 20 years. That night was all about the original band. Maybe in 25 years nUGNR can be inducted and Axl can play with whoever he wants to.

Exactly. At the end of the day, Axl just wanted the new band to be treated with respect. Had the organizers made a slight compromise, and allowed modern GNR to perform, they would have made Axl more amenable to doing something with the old band.

Under what grounds does the "new" band deserved to be treated with respect? Have they done anything to warrant anything other than the opportunity to buy a visitors ticket at the gala?

We're talking about "middle ground" with a guy who felt slighted because his "new" band, which has done almost shit all for over fifteen years, was suppose to be given equal consideration to one of the greatest bands ever to exist. Myself, and most of sane minded public have one response to that kind of consideration: :jerkoff:

Axl continued on with the name and acknowledges that it's a completely different band. So if it's a completely different band, what standing does that band have to show up to the R&RHOF? None. He can't have it both ways. If he wants to continue with the name, he can't consider the work of the new band as significant as the old band since the new band hasn't done much of anything.

Edited by downzy

Guest NGOG

Under what grounds does the "new" band deserved to be treated with respect? Have they done anything to warrant anything other than the opportunity to buy a visitors ticket at the gala?

We're talking about "middle ground" with a guy who felt slighted because his "new" band, which has done almost shit all for over fifteen years, was suppose to be given equal consideration to one of the greatest bands ever to exist. Myself, and most of sane minded public have one response to that kind of consideration: :jerkoff:

Axl continued on with the name and acknowledges that it's a completely different band. So if it's a completely different band, what standing does that band have to show up to the R&RHOF? None. He can't have it both ways. If he wants to continue with the name, he can't consider the work of the new band as significant as the old band since the new band hasn't done much of anything.

I'm not arguing that the new band deserve your respect. My point is that if the Hall of Fame organizers were pragmatic, they would have heeded Axl's wishes in order to create a truly historic night. Whether you agree with it or not, Axl was the person that most people were excited about turning up. The Hall of Fame botched that possibility by trying to force an arrangement that was never going to satisfy Axl. If you have two conflicting camps, one camp is not going to participate if the terms are greatly favouring the other.

I'm not sure why you feel the new band performing a song equates to 'equal consideration'. I never mentioned them being inducted, did I? If the new band performing is the way to get Axl involved; so be it. Be pragmatic.

In relation to your last point, are you aware that Chinese Democracy was part of the honoured discography?

Last paragraph: There is nothing for you to argue here. I'm simply pointing out that Axl being at the ceremony would have been exponentially better for the fans than Axl not being there. In the end, the Hall of Fame operated out of a sense of principle, instead of being pragmatic.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 1

...and that we could each only bring one guest. If there are any other guests, I'd have to pay full price for tickets and it's not cheap. So it was like, well, I can take my mom but not my dad. I could take my wife but not my son. I could take one of my kids. I could take my brother but not my best friend. I don't know, I'm scratching my head: Where does that money go?

Yeah, totally. Poor Dizzy. Next time I'll give you a dollar.

Y'know when Blondie got inducted, her current band played while the original guys watched on... it was ugly on stage during the speech but at least they all got up together and accepted the awards together. If the "new" guys had played at least Axl would have been in the same room, on the same stage as Slash and may have finally said something to each other rather than talking through lawyers and other associates.

The new guys getting inducted wasn't ever a possibility, had the current band released 2-3 albums since GnR originally split then maybe there's an argument for them being inducted but one album, a few successful tours 1 aborted tour... I don't think so, I will say and stand by this that the current band should have received an invite to the ceremony... I'm not sure what went on but I'm of the understanding that the RHOF froze them out entirely and that's when Axl washed his hands of it. I doubt Axl was looking for the guys to be inducted but I'm sure he wanted them to perform and be at the ceremony as they were Guns N roses in 2012 and are responsible for keeping the name alive and bringing in new fans... which can't be debated, the new band has brought in a lot of new younger fans, not even close to the level of the original... but it's a different time and pretty much a whole new band.

Guns-N-Roses-jams-into-Rock-Hall-5D1ADNV

The bottom line is that Axl Rose hurt himself and his employees by not showing-up.

He let Slash and Co. continue to cement themselves in the public consciousness as the real Guns N' Roses.

THIS!!!

It must have really hurt Axl to hear these guys sounding 2839109312880913283012 times better than his band.

• Like 1

I don't understand how Axl's wishes are more important than the others.

"They should have invited the new band so Axl could be there..."

What if Duff, Slash and the others weren't ok with that? Why must they accept Axl's terms but Axl can't, for one night, do something exclusively for the fans, regardless of the conditions? I don't understand why Axl always gets this protection and the others are the ones that must put up with it. This applies to many other things, not only the HoF, which I'm afraid is being discussed ONCE AGAIN. Shame on me for being part of it.

• Like 3

Guest NGOG

That's because you're a cupcake. Your purpose is to raise questions that have very apparent answers.

Again, whether you agree with it or not, Axl is the most sought after member of the old band. He draws bigger crowds than any of the other four (even when not performing to a particularly good level). And when you're in that sort of position, you have superior negotiation leverage.

Can you explain something: Given that Duff performed as GNR's bassist for 5 shows in April, can you explain why he would object to the new band being visibly present at the Hall of Fame ceremony? Duff McKagan is a pragmatic person; I don't see why he would protest about something that would:

A. Make sure Axl is present

B. Get Axl and Slash in the same room together

C. Open up the possibilility of the old band reconciling live

D. Make GNR's induction more historic

Edit: Try actually countering my post for a change.

Edited by NGOG

I understand the decision to not let the new band play, especially with something like this.

But you're right tho.

Guest NGOG

Here comes full retard NGOG....

Would you like to point out the flaws in my post, instead of insulting me personally?

"They should have invited the new band so Axl could be there..."

What if Duff, Slash and the others weren't ok with that? Why must they accept Axl's terms but Axl can't, for one night, do something exclusively for the fans, regardless of the conditions? I don't understand why Axl always gets this protection and the others are the ones that must put up with it. This applies to many other things, not only the HoF, which I'm afraid is being discussed ONCE AGAIN. Shame on me for being part of it.

An invitation to be there is nothing... now, offering to let them play is different. I would say that the old guys would have been upset had the new guys played, but they would have been fine if the guys were there and nobody performed like what Kiss did. lets face it the majority of the new guys wouldn't have shown up anyway probably preferring to get some time with family and friends instead. Regardless of your feelings on the band, it is insulting to not be mentioned when you've been playing with a band for 5, 10, 15 years... yes they might not have been there from the beginning writing the hits that everyone knows but they are there now bringing the music to the people, some sort of a nod would have gone a long way in my opinion. Nobody's arguing that they should have been on stage getting inducted with the old crew.

To see it from Axls point of view is easy on this one, his new guys are not getting a look in and he's worked very hard to rebuild the band, he wants them to be there to celebrate with him... that's being declined, he thinks that the RHOF is completely writing off what he's doing now and giving it no respect.

Finally, and most importantly... The RHOF is a big pile of crap anyway so I have far more respect when musicians flat out refuse to take part in it, Yes it would be nice to see Axl or whatever band you can think of (Van Hagar/halen) on stage as the classic line up, but I'd rather it happened on stage organically at some random concert as opposed to fat cats in suits trying to push their agenda on to real artists. Great to do things for fans but the RHOF is not really the place for it as the RHOF doesn't care what the fans think/want, if they did Deep purple, Maiden, Electric light orchestra (jeff Lynne) and many, many more would be in there.

That's because you're a cupcake. Your purpose is to raise questions that have very apparent answers.

Again, whether you agree with it or not, Axl is the most sought after member of the old band. He draws bigger crowds than any of the other four (even when not performing to a particularly good level). And when you're in that sort of position, you have superior negotiation leverage.

Can you explain something: Given that Duff performed as GNR's bassist for 5 shows in April, can you explain why he would object to the new band being visibly present at the Hall of Fame ceremony? Duff McKagan is a pragmatic person; I don't see why he would protest about something that would:

I'm kinda pissed off at myself for talking about the HOF for the millionth time. I have this policy of never writing more than 2 sentences to answer to your posts so I'l pass. Your post wasn't so bad for a change. Stop calling me a cupcake, mod-wannabe. Feel free to report all my abusive posts to the real mods if you really have a problem with me. Good luck!

Here comes full retard NGOG....

Would you like to point out the flaws in my post, instead of insulting me personally?

When you call people cupcakes for disagreeing with you, you go full retard. Or should we just call that going NGOG?

You'll see that, as always, you began the personal shit.

• Like 2

I think it is a lot to do with the fact that he would throw a massive hissy fit if questioned or challenged also... Everyone around him kisses his ass in fear of this. When provoked he could do something on the spur of the moment as an overreaction, like post on twitter that a tour is cance......... oh hang on, he was hacked!!! Nevermind.

Edited by T-Minus
  • Like 1