Black Sabbath with Dio vs. Ozzy solo

Georgy Zhukov

Poll  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i like some songs off TE and NSD but i would take all sabbath albums from the 80s (except seventh star) over those two albums. to me the worst sabbath albums are

forbidden

technical ectasy

never say die

seventh star

Edited by bran

I could never put any of the original 8 albums in the worst category.

I'd say the worst are:

Forbidden (that's universal)

TYR

Headless Cross

Seventh Star has 3 absolute stinkers (In For The Kill, No Stranger To Love and Danger Zone) but the rest of it is pretty fucking good IMO.

Give me Glenn Hughes over Tony Martin anyday.

I'd like The Eternal Idol a lot more if Ray Gillen's vocals had made it to the finished product, still a good album though.

Even though it's not technically an ozzy song, it's alright is on Technical Ecstasy and it's better than the majority of ozzy solo songs and post h&h Sabbath.

Ever heard Bill Ward's solo albums?

The guy is fucking awesome.

supernaut is one of the greatest riffs of all time. ozzy's on a real cold streak when it comes to solo albums, it has been over a decade since the last good solo album from ozzy. he uses so much auto tuner and shit i want to cut my ears off whenever some of his songs come on the radio.

supernaut is one of the greatest riffs of all time. ozzy's on a real cold streak when it comes to solo albums, it has been over a decade since the last good solo album from ozzy. he uses so much auto tuner and shit i want to cut my ears off whenever some of his songs come on the radio.

"Robo Ozzy"

Ozzmosis was the last great album he did, Down To Earth has some good tracks but after Ozzmosis it was a real letdown.

And I love all his solo albums up to that point (even the Ultimate Sin)...it saddens me to hear the rubbish he pushes out these days...it's fucking crap.

Pains me to say it, but I think he is done, creatively.

I always bang on about it, but my plan would be to get him with a hard nut producer (like Beinhorn) who will push him to come up with the goods, not let Sharon have an input in the direction and I'd get musicians of his own vintage as the band instead of nu metal guys like Blasko.

Nu metal and Ozzy Osbourne do not belong together in the same sentence.

I know Daisley would be out of the question, but someone like Jim Vallance would do a better job with the songwriting than whoever it is that writes the lyrics these days (Kevin Churko?)

Edited by DR DOOM

"Robo Ozzy"

Ozzmosis was the last great album he did, Down To Earth has some good tracks but after Ozzmosis it was a real letdown.

And I love all his solo albums up to that point (even the Ultimate Sin)...it saddens me to hear the rubbish he pushes out these days...it's fucking crap.

Pains me to say it, but I think he is done, creatively.

I always bang on about it, but my plan would be to get him with a hard nut producer (like Beinhorn) who will push him to come up with the goods, not let Sharon have an input in the direction and I'd get musicians of his own vintage as the band instead of nu metal guys like Blasko.

Nu metal and Ozzy Osbourne do not belong together in the same sentence.

I know Daisley would be out of the question, but someone like Jim Vallance would do a better job with the songwriting than whoever it is that writes the lyrics these days (Kevin Churko?)

i agree. ozzmosis is my favorite solo ozzy album and probably in my top 10 albums of all time. right now he is just pumping out some bad stuff, i think if it was up to him he would just tour to be honest.