Hero Cat Saves Boy

pestilence

Guest Len B'stard

My brother had an American Bulldog for a while. We lived in a farmey type house at the time, few acres of land etc, they're meant to be violent bastards but he was lovely although we had him at like, puppy stage. There was loads of rabbits around cuz of the fact that part of the grounds there was like, woodlands...and he used to like, frolick with the rabbits, it was hilairious. As he got older though, despite still being only a pup, he would start raring up at fuckin' Great Danes and all sorts.

Had to get rid of him when we moved house so they gave him back to the fella we bought him off...he had to get rid of him cuz he attacked his Mum (the dog attacked his mum, not the blokes mum). I actually don't get on with animals at all but he was lovely, I used to bring back shitloads of food for him at night...gave him some vodka and OJ once and the next morning he'd shat all over the place, bless him.

But yeah, he was a dog of that sort, that kinda unprovoked attack stuff. But then he usta play with my little niece and everything so it's weird.

Great video! That cat took care of business, amazing to see. Most would have sat there licking their balls. Just.like people, there are a few good ones out there. :lol:

Our old cat was very protective of us. Once when a neighbours dog walked into our driveway our cat went mental and attacked it. Blood was streaming down the dogs nose. I felt bad for the dog but our cat was just defending her domain and us.

I saw this yesterday, what a ballsy cat! :lol: The dog didn't see that coming

On a serious note, that's really scary. That was a totally unprovoked attack on the kid, almost like a predator/prey response from the dog. Worrying.

Exactly this!

Saw this on liveleak

Cat is a boss

i've NEVER saw this type of totally unprovoken attack from a dog, it is actually scary

it's funny to see how protective animals can become when their 'family' is threatened. we had a timid beagle when i was a kid. he literally showed up on our doorstep one day (we lived in the woods) and would flinch at first when we tried to pet him, which led us to believe he had probably been abused by a hunter in an effort to make him aggressive to hunt animals, and, when it didn't work, he was simply abandoned in the woods. anyway, we took him in and he became extremely protective. he'd trot around the perimeter of the house every day, stationing himself at different locations for about a half hour, almost like he was taking turns standing watch from different angles. we had taken in a stray cat and her kittens at the time as well, and he would keep an eye on them (even though the mother never totally warmed up to him and wouldn't let him get too close to her without a swipe at his nose).

one day my older sister was on our back patio which overlooked a trail behind our house. two huge doberman dogs wandered up off the trail and started coming up the deck stairs towards my sister. our cat bolted up a nearby tree (even though she'd been de-clawed!). my sister sort of froze in panic because she didn't know what to do. the dobermans were probably totally harmless, but the beagle obviously saw them as a threat. even though he was half their size and usually completely timid, he suddenly bolted up the stairs, got between the dogs and my sister, and started gnashing away at their bellies and chased them off. he protected our cat and my sister. i noticed after that day our cat always seemed to be a bit less nasty towards him when he got close to her. she still had a bit of pride and wouldn't let him snuggle with her or anything but it was sort of like she acknowledged that he had saved her.

in fact, another amusing story regarding the cat: she would always follow us kids around in the woods when we'd go outside, but she'd always hang back about 100 feet and if you turned around to look at her she'd act as if she wasn't following you. too much pride i guess. one day during winter when i was probably 11 or 12 i plopped myself down in heavy snow and pretended that i was dead. after a minute or so my cat appeared and sniffed at my nose to see if i was breathing. i kept laying still and didn't open my eyes. she pulled the zipper of my jacket down by nudging it with her nose, then climbed inside my jacket and lay on my chest to keep me warm, almost like she was trying to keep me from freezing. after a few minutes i remember opening my eyes and then she immediately got up and acted as if she wasn't interested in me at all anymore and trudged off towards the woods again. :lol:

animals are awesome.

meanwhile, we also had a super expensive world class pedigree black lab at the time who was spoiled rotten and he couldn't have cared less about protecting any of us. :lol: in fact we couldn't even take him out on walks because half the time he'd yank the leash away and try to run off.

• Like 3

Awesome I saw this video today.

I love love cats! They can be vicious too to save someone they love. I feel bad for the dog too. I figure the dog isn't treated right by his owners and that's why he's vicious.

That poor boy must have been so scared.

Awkward watching that cat desperately trying to get away from the camera..thats actually pretty mean how shes being forced to stay.

I reckon the dog probably saw the kid as a threat / entering his territory, the kid was tiny and probably looked fair game for the dog. I wouldnt say it should be put down.

Edited by ColdHeartBreaker

My sister was chased by a dog last week, owners thought it was funny. I often have dogs come after me when I'm on my bike, owners often laugh.

Uncles dog was a savage dog as it was poorly treated by its previous owners, he turned the dogs life around and it only once attacked somebody in 6-7 years.

All about the owners.