Locomotive is one of the most intense Guns songs lyrically, vocally, and musically. If you listen to all the different voices he uses in the song, you'll be amazed. The chorus has 4 different voices harmonizing in layers which you can hear if you listen close enough.

As far as the meaning, I would have thought it was obvious. No, he isn't talking about an actual train. He's simply referring to crazy, weird thought patterns. As for "Complicity," the lyrics reference that word in a few places. "Love to me's a two way street and all I really want is peace," and "because you're such a stupid woman and I'm such a stupid man" are two examples. It seems like the song is him bitching about a woman, and it mostly is, but he does concede to certain wrongdoings himself and basically admits that it's a two way street and usually both people are to blame in most relationship failures. "Complicity" just means that one person didn't act alone; that they usually had a partner in the mess who is also responsible. The word typically has negative connotations and you would only use it to describe bad events.

(He's also saying that she thinks it's all his fault but he's quick to point out that he's not to blame, either.)

It's a very intense song.

I have spent years listening to this song and in the chorus i hear 3 different vocal tracks..does anyone else really here a 4th??

Sorry, I went back and edited the post originally to change that 4 to a 3...then I added that bit and forgot to change it lol, sorry

Locomotive refers to train to me...

I don't think that around the time this song was written, Axl was into "spanish". Actually, IMO, he's too much of an American so it's pretty unlikely he knew the meaning to "loco".

^^^ I only hear 3 too.

@Crash Diet, yeah lol. A lot of his old songs is like seeing to the future.

That said, Locomotive is in my top 3 GNR songs of all time. And def. the most played. As in EVERYDAY!

Same here

I truly think that Locomotive represents the bands all aspects and easily this is the title track for the UYI's

Some of Axl's best lyrical work in here and the monotonic guitars are just damn awesome. and the outro...

sigh i miss these guys

• Like 1

^^^ I only hear 3 too.

That said, Locomotive is in my top 3 GNR songs of all time. And def. the most played. As in EVERYDAY!

Same here

I truly think that Locomotive represents the bands all aspects and easily this is the title track for the UYI's

Some of Axl's best lyrical work in here and the monotonic guitars are just damn awesome. and the outro...

sigh i miss these guys

Dont be sad, maybe NuGNR will play it in the Residency!

^^^ I only hear 3 too.

Same here

sigh i miss these guys

Dont be sad, maybe NuGNR will play it in the Residency!
"New songs" #ngogd