would you want GNR's cover of The Seeker on the next record?

The Seeker on CD II?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The last thing I would want on a original gnr record is another fucking cover

So you'd prefer Scraped over The Seeker cover?

I don't know, I'm dilemma'd.

One thing against it is that it doesn't really fit with the CD type material.

To me Live n Let Die and Heavens Door are the best songs on UYI. Only Nov Rain is really on a par with those songs.

Those songs don't rank in my favorites on the uyi albums and I'd like an album's worth of scraped as it's my favorite song on CD, cause Axl's angry in that song and that's when he's at his best IMO.

To me Live n Let Die and Heavens Door are the best songs on UYI. Only Nov Rain is really on a par with those songs.

I personally would take anything original over a cover.

I don't mind covers as b-sides or something of that nature

So would I, I'd take the Shaq rap in a beat. But as a general rock release wouldn't The Seeker hit more innocent pedestrians. You can throw it out as a single and know radio will play it.

So would I, I'd take the Shaq rap in a beat. But as a general rock release wouldn't The Seeker hit more innocent pedestrians. You can throw it out as a single and know radio will play it.

You really think live and let and heavens door are the best on illusions? Civil war, ycbm, estranged, coma (among others)?

I wouldn't mind a cover as a single but not the first single of the next album no way!

I actually really enjoy it when they play The Seeker. Axl's Mickery goes hand in hand with that song.

I voted "yes" in the poll, but I doubt that it would go well with any of the CDII material, be it CD leftovers or original Ashba Swag. If they released a studio version as a single, for whatever reason, I'd buy it.

At the end of the day, I'd rather see original GN'R material instead of covers though.

You really think live and let and heavens door are the best on illusions? Civil war, ycbm, estranged, coma (among others)?

I wouldn't mind a cover as a single but not the first single of the next album no way!

Not first single but like Live and Heavens.

YCBM, DC, NR...but it's hard to think of them as better than McCartney or Dylan.

But I'm talking about replacing a great GNR single with The Seeker just some b-side that they don't even play live for more than a week.

Not first single but like Live and Heavens.

YCBM, DC, NR...but it's hard to think of them as better than McCartney or Dylan.

But I'm talking about replacing a great GNR single with The Seeker just some b-side that they don't even play live for more than a week.

I get ya so maybe replace like Scraped (or the cd2 equivalent) with The Seeker I think that would be cool.. I wonder how good Axl would sound on the seeker studio

At this point, six years from the last album and only one record in the last 20 years - I'd hope the band wouldn't give up a coveted song spot on a cover.

But if they do decide to add one cover or if they drop an EP inbetween albums - say 2 covers, 2 new songs and 4 live CD songs............then my vote would be for Seeker and Riff Raff.

No offense to the original bands, but I think GnR does Seeker and Riff Raff better than Who/ACDC do.

I'd love an EP with

Checkmate

General

Riff Raff

Seeker

Live:

Prostitute

Catcher

Twat

IRS