Buckethead's version

buckethead-corbis-630-80.jpg

I have searched a lot but found nothing related to this.
Anyone here tell if Buckethead ever expressed views on the reasons for his departure from the band?
In my opinion, it was the worst miss for GNR.

buckethead-corbis-630-80.jpg

I have searched a lot but found nothing related to this.

Anyone here tell if Buckethead ever expressed views on the reasons for his departure from the band?

In my opinion, it was the worst miss for GNR.

Agreed it was the worst miss and (I'm betting) Axl would be up for patching things up.

The general idea is that he was frustrated with Guns' lack of ability to complete a tour or an album. Might run deeper though, there was a pretty detailed post from a while back that elaborated on Tommy and Buckethead not really getting along, with Tommy & Del being general dicks to him. Likewise there was allegedly some tension between Buckethead & Robin, who both wanted primary guitar duties.

You have to look at what he's continued creating since he left and look at Axl's rate of productivity, that's clearly one of the reasons, BBF will end the same unless Axl has a drastic turnaround and comes to the reality he's at fault for sabotaging his own vision through that numbing wall he builds when the momentum builds and his voice aligns with the stars and it's time to make new things.

• Like 1

Isn't there someone on this board to says he knows people close to Buckethead? Pretty sure he/she went into some details a while back - among other things mentioned was that the offer for Bucket to play with Guns was open right up until stage time at the return gigs in 2006.

I was/am a big fan of Bucket, I really hope to hear more from his sessions with GNR.

I was reading Axls posts last night and he definitely was open it working with BH again. Even if it were a guest appearance on a BH album it would be great, their creative visions seem to go well together.

I dont like Buckethead, Guns N Roses is my favourite Hard Rock band and thats why, i want hard rock guistarrist in this band.

Buckethead is an excellent guitar player, but its very experimental, not sleazy, not rock n roll, i dont hear Guns N Roses sound in his CD songs.

I prefer musician like a Tracii Guns, Joe Perry, George Lynch, Snake, Doug Aldrich... for example, and obviosly Izzy and Slash.

Edited by Terzyo