Did anyone on here attend Wembley 91 or 92?

I did not. But I DID watch the Paris PPV and Freddy Mercury tribute in 1992 live on TV as it happened. Good times, great band.

Ah, yes, me too, those were the days :wub:

I'm fairly sure several posters here attended though. Not quite sure anymore who, but there are some.

I did not. But I DID watch the Paris PPV and Freddy Mercury tribute in 1992 live on TV as it happened. Good times, great band.

I'm fairly sure several posters here attended though. Not quite sure anymore who, but there are some.

I'm sure that number has to be small. I'm 35, and I was 12/13 in 1992. Old enough for a show, but not old enough to DRIVE myself to the show lol. I saw Nirvana in 1993, but that was only because a friend's older brother took us.

I'm sure that number has to be small. I'm 35, and I was 12/13 in 1992. Old enough for a show, but not old enough to DRIVE myself to the show lol. I saw Nirvana in 1993, but that was only because a friend's older brother took us.

Lucky you! I had tickets to GNR in 92, they cancelled. Had tickets for Nirvana in 1994, Kurt committed suicide.

I went to Wembley '91.

Fantastic show, loved it.

NIN opened for them, as did Skid Row.

A reunited Generation X was announced as being on the bill (on Canada radio at least).

i was quite looking forward to that, a shame it didn't happen.

Still have the GnR shirt from the show.

Lucky you! I had tickets to GNR in 92, they cancelled. Had tickets for Nirvana in 1994, Kurt committed suicide.

I just had a mental picture of you finding out Kurt died, screaming SOB and then ripping up your tickets lol

I went to two better wembley shows...in 2006. Izzy, midgets and Sailing.

Said 10 people, Jarmo included lol

I just had a mental picture of you finding out Kurt died, screaming SOB and then ripping up your tickets lol

First half is correct, but I had to return the tickets to get my money back, and I was just a poor girl. I was very upset that they didn't let me keep my tickets as a souvenir. I should have just kept them (GNR's too), because I probably would get more for them now :lol:

I went to two better wembley shows...in 2006. Izzy, midgets and Sailing.

Said 10 people, Jarmo included lol

Seb bach sang a better paradise city than Axl at the freddie tribute in 92.

Yup attended 91

NIN were booed on and off -- skid row were superb! Day was boiling hot!! Band were amazing -- I paid £20 for a t shirt and in my excitement threw it at Axl during brownstone / it went over his shoulder / nearly got crushed / had my first joint / ahh the memories :)

• Like 2