8 Children Found Dead In Australia

bran

I understand Amir & totally agree. However can you see my point of view (wrong or right) that neither of my children could be cared for by anyone else but me due to their illness,the amount of meds they were on & at differing times of the day, when I took ill with a migraine & vomiting I had to crawl from the toilet to the kitchen to get the meds for my child so he wouldn't have a seizure. Then crawl back to give him the meds which had to be mixed in a tube to feed him. When I got help to the house there was nobody who could take care of him so they called an ambulance & he ended up in ER for the day as that was the only place he could go much to the annoyance of the staff as ER isn't a babysitting service. By this stage he couldn't walk either.

My husband was also ill like my child & in adult nappies (diapers) couldn't chew food, needed thickened drink etc. There were many times when I thought that if I went off the deep end & decided to kill myself I would have to take my child with me as nobody else knew how to care for them. I never thought of taking their lives without me though - never ever.

This looks like an Aboriginal family & unfortunately they are fairly downtrodden in society however I haven't read the details this morning of what went on. Lets say I'm not surprised but it is an absolute tragedy beyond words.

That's one hell of a powerful post. :)

I understand Amir & totally agree. However can you see my point of view (wrong or right) that neither of my children could be cared for by anyone else but me due to their illness,the amount of meds they were on & at differing times of the day, when I took ill with a migraine & vomiting I had to crawl from the toilet to the kitchen to get the meds for my child so he wouldn't have a seizure. Then crawl back to give him the meds which had to be mixed in a tube to feed him. When I got help to the house there was nobody who could take care of him so they called an ambulance & he ended up in ER for the day as that was the only place he could go much to the annoyance of the staff as ER isn't a babysitting service. By this stage he couldn't walk either.

My husband was also ill like my child & in adult nappies (diapers) couldn't chew food, needed thickened drink etc. There were many times when I thought that if I went off the deep end & decided to kill myself I would have to take my child with me as nobody else knew how to care for them. I never thought of taking their lives without me though - never ever.

This looks like an Aboriginal family & unfortunately they are fairly downtrodden in society however I haven't read the details this morning of what went on. Lets say I'm not surprised but it is an absolute tragedy beyond words.

That's one hell of a powerful post. :)

So give your baby an extra cuddle from me? I hope you're enjoying fatherhood as much as we did when our first baby was born.

The woman in Cairns had 4 girls & 4 boys to 5 fathers & one of the girls would have been celebrating her 14th birthday today. Still no word on why this happened, it's really beyond words isn't it?

There can be only one explanation, right? Mental illness.

Don't know SoulMonster but I just watched a video saying the mother is 34, not 37. Can you imagine the 20yr old turning up to find 7 of his siblings have been stabbed to death? The news will be on in 10 minutes so may find out a little more but it usually takes a while before the public is told what actually happened.

Apologies if this link has already been put on but there may be updates

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/police-confirm-victims-of-cairns-massacre-as-four-boys-and-four-girls-aged-2-to-14/story-fnii5v70-1227162553523

Yes, I know for a fact you understand how this situation has happened. Most people can't imagine the dire straits that occur to an unlucky percentage of our, or any population. It's utterly devastating that someone can end up in such a situation where our community services aren't available to help. And again, you know too well about that. This situation is a tragedy and it's an appalling exposure of our public assistance for those in desperate need that they end up resorting to this.

People can say "this is so sad"......"how can someone do this to innocent children"......but unless you understand the limits that some people are pushed to, the mental trauma they are going through......you'll never understand what some people will do out of desperate need.

This situation doesn't need judgment. It needs sympathy and a serious evaluation of our care for those in impoverished communities.

I'm so not shocked this would happen. A good proportion of our indigenous population are utterly useless people.

Congratulations. You sound just like Tony Abbott.

• Like 1

I'm so not shocked this would happen. A good proportion of our indigenous population are utterly useless people.

Yeah cuz coons like you are tekken der jerrrrbs!!!!! :lol:

On a side note, are you an accountant cuz it's easier to count past ten when you don't habitually wear shoes? :lol:

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 2

I think there's not enough done on both ends to push away with one hand and draw closer with the other, so to say. There needs to be more done to keep indigenous kids in school until Year 12, more social programmes etc but I also think punishment should be more severe for parents that allow such truancy, that are drunks etc. I'm not coming from a racist point of view, I just think regardless of the stuff mentioned above, you gotta be able to help yourself out a bit and I know there's Aborigines and other Australians doing what they can but like how much more can you do sometimes? As for jobs, my workplace does plenty to help out in the local area with the Indigenous population.

• Like 1

I think there's not enough done on both ends to push away with one hand and draw closer with the other, so to say. There needs to be more done to keep indigenous kids in school until Year 12, more social programmes etc but I also think punishment should be more severe for parents that allow such truancy, that are drunks etc. I'm not coming from a racist point of view, I just think regardless of the stuff mentioned above, you gotta be able to help yourself out a bit and I know there's Aborigines and other Australians doing what they can but like how much more can you do sometimes? As for jobs, my workplace does plenty to help out in the local area with the Indigenous population.

So true that the parents aren't sending their children to school to be educated and we don't understand why. There was a fantastic school set up for Aboriginals but when it had some publicity the indiginous community for some reason pulled their children out.

Drink does feature a lot in Aboriginal communities, they will walk for days to buy it. Yet have we the right to say they can't have it? We don't deny alcoholics so should we deny Aboriginals?

You say punishment should be placed on parents that allow truancy & I tend to agree that together with consultation they need to see that without education their children will end up on the dole & drinking their life away.

Then there's the other side, should we make them conform to our way of life because we think it's right and theirs is wrong? Shouldn't we allow them to live in their communities as they did before white man came here?

It's a hard call but so many have been educated and become tour guides, trackers, work on stations etc as they have skills we don't have - especially the trackers.

I'm not seeing your post as you being racial, you are being truthful & as you say they have to help themselves, I don't think there's much more we can do to give them the best of their cultural background combined with educating them so they can become leaders to help their own communities.

Good post Johnny Drama. :thumbsup: