Why didn't Axl's voice deepen as he aged?

I think it has to do with the shape his voice is in. I've noticed that the deeper his voice is, the better he is at singing. In '01-'02 his voice sounded higher pitched and he wasn't the best at singing. In '06 his voice was a little deeper when he spoke and he sounded spectacular. In the 80s his voice was super low and that was his prime. I'm not a professional singer but I have done vocal warm ups before and my voice sounds deeper and fuller if I do them and drink the proper liquids such as hot tea.

Both Women's and men's voices change as they get older.

Yeah, listening to young Axl and older Axl you can tell the difference in his voice. I think having his teeth all capped changed the way he speaks too.

Axl's voice is definitely different from his younger self when he sings. Maybe Axl should think of changing the pitch in the way he sings now? someone suggested that he should change up the songs to match how he sings now.

This might be a good idea, but then I bet some fans would be disappointed if Axl didn't try to hit the notes he did back in the 80's and early 90's, but maybe it would put a whole new spin on the songs and Axl could and would sound a little better.