Steven Adler Has Not Seen Axl Rose Since 2006

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/steven-adler-hasnt-seen-axl-rose/

Steven Adler is on record as being in support of a reunion of the classic Guns N’ Roses lineup, but that doesn’t mean he has any special influence over bandleader Axl Rose.

In fact, as Adler admitted during a recent conversation with Eddie Trunk (which you can listen to below), the former GNR drummer has no way of getting in touch with Rose these days. “The whole reunion thing, I would love to do it just because there’s two decades of new fans who’ve never seen what the magic was,” he said. “I would love to be able to show them, but you know, that’s Axl’s call.”

But when the possibility of reaching out to Rose via email was raised, Adler responded, “No, I don’t even have his phone number. I can’t text him. I just say prayers for him; I have no idea what he’s doing. I hope he’s well.”

The former bandmates were last in touch nearly a decade ago — 2006, according to Adler, when he and Rose connected in Las Vegas. “We drank a $3,000 bottle of tequila, we hugged and we made our amends to each other — it was wonderful,” he recalled. “I hadn’t seen him for 15 years before that, so it was really nice just to be in the room with him. I just keep hearing that he has this thing with Slash. I hope not, because it’s too old already. Time goes on, we’re too old. We’ve got to move on. If he has resentments, I hope he doesn’t, that’s all. I love him and I love all those guys.”

Adler has good reason for feeling all those good vibes, too — he shared the best news of the interview when discussing his recently reclaimed sobriety, which suffered a setback in 2013. As of their March 2 conversation, Adler told Trunk, “I have 423 days sober.”

Read More: Steven Adler Hasn't Seen Axl Rose Since 2006 | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/steven-adler-hasnt-seen-axl-rose/?trackback=tsmclip

Edited by AxlISTHEMAN

He possibly won't see him again. Axl's said in the past that he "becomes the bad guy" very quickly in Steven's eyes because he won't ever consider a reunion, which is basically everything Steven ever wishes for.

He possibly won't see him again. Axl's said in the past that he "becomes the bad guy" very quickly in Steven's eyes because he won't ever consider a reunion, which is basically everything Steven ever wishes for.

Forget steven. As underrated frank ferrer is, frank is more than capable or playing new songs and alders songs. Reunion won't happen, you are right, thats just want steven wants. apparently axls iq is like really high and he seems pretty smart if he single handedly kept a band alive for over 25 years.

Edited by AxlISTHEMAN

To Axl, Steven is a guy he worked with almost 30 years ago who fucked up.

To Steven, Axl is the key to all his hopes and dreams.

If I were Axl I'd give him a wide berth too tbh.

This. The reason he hasn't seen Axl since 2006 probably has everything to do with that perspective. As he said in that open letter he wrote to the RnR Hall of Fame:

Steven was at our show at the Hard Rock, later in '06 in Las Vegas, where I invited him to our after-party and was rewarded with his subsequent interviews filled with reunion lies. Lesson learned.
  • Like 1

Each GNR drummer has a unique skill set. That being said Frank is at the bottom of any list.

I'd bet the outside world probably thinks that Rock In Rio 2011 was the last thing that Axl did publicly.

I think i take back what i say, if there was a list it would probably go like this

1. Steven Adler (brillant drum music)

2. Brain

3. Matt sorum

4. frank ferrer

That being said each one plays appetite for destruction plus songs they wrote so none of them really "suck" but like you said the are all unique in their own way

Axl should pray to die before Adler because otherwise Adler would haunt him with reunion

BTW isn't it the time to send Adler to the island called Reunion? It's near Madagascar. He could find his piece of mind there

Damn no one wants a reunion more than steven. If i were axl i would probably fake my death just so he would stop asking for a reunion. Duff seems pretty cool about it because he does what he wants, just goes and plays with current gnr. Izzy is probably string in a mansion with his wife doing what he does. I don't think a reunion will happen if it did the lineup would probably be:

Axl

Slash (or bbf if axl and slash don't get along)

Duff

Steven adler (or matt)

Gilby clark

Izzy is probably string in a mansion with his wife doing what he does. I don't think a reunion will happen if it did the lineup would probably be:

Axl

Duff

Steven adler (or matt)

Gilby clark

in a recent interview, izzy said that he would take part to the reunion if it happened

Izzy is probably string in a mansion with his wife doing what he does. I don't think a reunion will happen if it did the lineup would probably be:

Axl

Duff

Steven adler (or matt)

Gilby clark

in a recent interview, izzy said that he would take part to the reunion if it happened

Yeah if izzy did a reunion it would only be a tour. For example when izzy had a reunion with axl and gnr in 2006 he only played a few shows. He left gnr because it got to popular.

Axl

Duff

Steven adler (or matt)

Gilby clark

Yeah if izzy did a reunion it would only be a tour. For example when izzy had a reunion with axl and gnr in 2006 he only played a few shows. He left gnr because it got to popular.

Izzy left GNR cause he couldnt take Axl's shit anymore, he was fed up of Axl coming late to shows and other members being on substances, none of them had the bond cause they were busy with themselves, when Izzy joined for a few shows in 1993, he said that hardly anyone was talking to him and he felt very lonely, but well its the same thing with Axl's band today, all the members are on hired contracts and Axl/TB is the one who makes all the decisions, even the classic line up had problems, but they did live and spent time like a family unlike now, but well Izzy is a strange person, he is in good terms with Axl, Duff and Slash, but well Izzy just does what he wants to do and when he wants to do

Axl

Duff

Steven adler (or matt)

Gilby clark

Izzy left GNR cause he couldnt take Axl's shit anymore, he was fed up of Axl coming late to shows and other members being on substances, none of them had the bond cause they were busy with themselves, when Izzy joined for a few shows in 1993, he said that hardly anyone was talking to him and he felt very lonely, but well its the same thing with Axl's band today, all the members are on hired contracts and Axl/TB is the one who makes all the decisions, even the classic line up had problems, but they did live and spent time like a family unlike now, but well Izzy is a strange person, he is in good terms with Axl, Duff and Slash, but well Izzy just does what he wants to do and when he wants to do

I think Axl finally accepted Izzy leaving when he arrived with lawyers demanding $$$ from Axl and the band for money he thought he was owed, Adler did the same, took the band to court. Once these guys started being successful, it became less about a gang of dudes having fun playing music in clubs and then into stadiums and then it became all about the $$$, they all felt they were entitled to a slice of the pie, bigger slice in there drug addled brains.

Axl

Duff

Steven adler (or matt)

Gilby clark

I think Axl finally accepted Izzy leaving when he arrived with lawyers demanding $$$ from Axl and the band for money he thought he was owed, Adler did the same, took the band to court. Once these guys started being successful, it became less about a gang of dudes having fun playing music in clubs and then into stadiums and then it became all about the $$$, they all felt they were entitled to a slice of the pie, bigger slice in there drug addled brains.

I do agree with you, when they became big, the communications were through lawyers and managers, Doug Goldstein was a snake in the sleeve who kept on filling crap in Axl's mind, it had nothing to do with Izzy, but im just telling u generally, I dont know if u have seen Goldstein's letter to Axl asking for forgiveness, it was all about the $$$$$

I guess Steven was never the smartest of them all to say it politely (remember Duff's jokes about how they wouldn't take him to the navy?) and after all those years of drug abuse his brain has deteriorated so much he's level is like that of a 10 year old now. Sadly. I like the guy as I like all the original guys but not much is left of him anymore.

If there ever was a reunion I'm afraid Steven wouldn't be a part of it. It would probably kill him so for Steven it's better if reunion never happens. Unless the guys would be considerate enough to take him along with another reliable drummer and let him play a couple of songs while he's capable. But when it comes to the music and business side of things they're not very forgiving so I'm not even sure they would go that far as to take him at all...

As for Izzy, I strongly believe that if the band was to reunite he'd be there immediately. God only really knows for how long but I'm pretty sure he'd be there. So if there was a reunion the lineup would be the original minus Steven I think.

I guess Steven was never the smartest of them all to say it politely (remember Duff's jokes about how they wouldn't take him to the navy?) and after all those years of drug abuse his brain has deteriorated so much he's level is like that of a 10 year old now. Sadly. I like the guy as I like all the original guys but not much is left of him anymore.

If there ever was a reunion I'm afraid Steven wouldn't be a part of it. It would probably kill him so for Steven it's better if reunion never happens. Unless the guys would be considerate enough to take him along with another reliable drummer and let him play a couple of songs while he's capable. But when it comes to the music and business side of things they're not very forgiving so I'm not even sure they would go that far as to take him at all...

As for Izzy, I strongly believe that if the band was to reunite he'd be there immediately. God only really knows for how long but I'm pretty sure he'd be there. So if there was a reunion the lineup would be the original minus Steven I think.

I guess Axl would do something with Matt rather than Steven, but man Steven is really awesome, I saw him playing in Adlers Appetite and he really rocked, He is sober now and he can play very well, so If a reunion happens, which i know it wont, but IF it happens then Steven should be a part of it, I would want to see him playing some songs from the illusions albums like YCBM

Axl

Duff

Steven adler (or matt)

Gilby clark

I do agree with you, when they became big, the communications were through lawyers and managers, Doug Goldstein was a snake in the sleeve who kept on filling crap in Axl's mind, it had nothing to do with Izzy, but im just telling u generally, I dont know if u have seen Goldstein's letter to Axl asking for forgiveness, it was all about the $$$$$

Yes, he left because in 1990 the band became a company basically. By 1995 to be in the band=contract. Now not saying thats bad but somebody like izzy probably does not like that

I guess Axl would do something with Matt rather than Steven, but man Steven is really awesome, I saw him playing in Adlers Appetite and he really rocked, He is sober now and he can play very well, so If a reunion happens, which i know it wont, but IF it happens then Steven should be a part of it, I would want to see him playing some songs from the illusions albums like YCBM

Steven might be awesome, he used to be at least and I believe you though I haven't heard him lately but is he reliable enough? I guess noone can ever be sure at what time he falls of the wagon again :question: That's why I think they wouldn't go with him IF a reunion was to happen which I agree is highly unlikely. If he stays sober though for real who knows? IF a reunion was to happen than probably in 20 years cause Axl obviously still needs more time and if Steven is sober for 20 years then I guess he can be trusted. :lol:

Steven might be awesome, he used to be at least and I believe you though I haven't heard him lately but is he reliable enough? I guess noone can ever be sure at what time he falls of the wagon again :question: That's why I think they wouldn't go with him IF a reunion was to happen which I agree is highly unlikely. If he stays sober though for real who knows? IF a reunion was to happen than probably in 20 years cause Axl obviously still needs more time and if Steven is sober for 20 years then I guess he can be trusted. :lol:

That's the thing. Steven really hasn't maintained sobriety for any appreciable length of time up until now, and he hasn't shown the ability to tour consistently even with small venues.

That's the thing. Steven really hasn't maintained sobriety for any appreciable length of time up until now, and he hasn't shown the ability to tour consistently even with small venues.

He mentioned in his interview that he has been sober for like 400 days or something, If he were to play with guns n roses, right after mr brownstone, like the 3rd song in the setlist he would be high.