NAT settings on 360?

wasted

Having trouble playing multiplayer and chat on 360.

I opened my router settings and enabled Upnp. That moght have worked. But forwarding ports. I had a go but there no way to tell if it worked.

My NAT setting is moderate. I want to open it I think.

Any ideas?

Elite with 250G.

I got a static ip set up. I opened the Upnp. But the 360 took that as cue to send me to forward ports. Which I think I did even with chinese menu system on TP Link.

But it still says I have moderate NAT.

So I think I need a way of checking it. Does it matter when I turn the router off and on again, before and after reseting default settings?

Ill check that software out. I'm stumped.

This is a different question. If i have a static IP and no ports not 3074 for example could I play on line?

I am but my error messages limit access and chat. So I can play infinity on halo but not co op or chat bcos of moderate setting. The ports open it. I guess i need to coop.

Actually it still has that moderate error message. So router off on first. Then open Upnp and port 3074 which I think I have done.

So yes need to check with port check site.

How this is ok with everyone I don't know. You have to be a genius to get it to work. Opening a router is no joke. I have no idea what I'm doing.

I've found the scan port utility on the mac.

The confusion here is my static IP is one thing. And logically that's the IP address I'm scanning for ports. But on the mac my IP is something else. So which IP do I scan?

I think a static IP produces new IPs all the time. But not sure, so maybe stick to the static IP?

Well it's horrendous.

To open ports it basically tells you to set static IP. But then when you put the ports into the router it doesn't recognize them in the Upnp menu. But if you then follow the support when you lose your xbox live connection it resets your IP to default. So not static. But then the Upnp 3074 port opens and no error message.

So I still dont actually know whether the ports are open. Maybe Upnp works for automatically? So I think I'll leave it like that with no error message. Well there is one for store but not online or chat. Fuck buying anything.

Edited by wasted

I think you were getting confused between the IP addresses of devices on your network (Xbox, laptop, etc) and the IP address of your home internet connection.

The static IP you need to set is for the Xbox (you reserve it in DHCP), then you forward the ports to it. If you don't make the Xbox's IP static, it will change every now and then, and your ports will no longer be forwarded to it.

Glad you maybe figured it out?

I get 404 not found on that page. What would say the key words for similar site Port Open Check or ?

Works for me, but maybe it was down when you tried.

Yeah I didn't figure it out. On Halo Nat still Moderate.

I think I'm inputting ports into router correctly. But I made Static IP wich allowed me online. I made it from the default gateway number from net work configuration on xbox. Then added 10 to last number. That seemed alright. I could play online but limited access. It suggested ports etc. so I saved them in router. 3074 basically. And 3 others they recommended. But I scan ports and get nothing. But when I reset factory setting and automatic config. I 3074 registers on Upnp screen. Which I thought was success as my friend just did that and got Open Nat setting.

But I was denied.

The DHCP thing you say is different from how portforward explain. I have set Static IP using gateway. Then I enter the ports I want using same static ip, sending them to that address. Admittedly I could be doing this wrong. Like not saving or enabling them properly. And scan port shows nothing. So that's not good sign.

But if I use Upnp and automatic/shifting ip address it looks like it opens port 3074.

Eitherway I have a moderate NAT setting.

I think getting a different router is definitely an idea. Netgear maybe. I've got pretty good connection now. Borderlands 2 is fine. It's just Halo and Destiny are unplayable as coop.

Moderate should be okay. With moderate or open nat settings. So it's more Halo servers? Too many players online.

But I think I'm trying to fix something that isn't really broken and ending up in hell. But I can now come to your house and disconnect your internet connection for $30 an hour.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure a lot of people seem to have problems with nat settings? But they can actually fix it. I don't see how they can block me opening ports. I'm the admin on my router. So I'm just shit I think.

Consoles arent illegal anymore and you can buy One and PS4 now. Games and xbox live type things are limited sometimes. Like it blocked Just Cause 2 on GWG.

Good connection in China is still bad I think. So moderate nat setting is probably the best I can get. it's not worth the hassle as I don't play that much co op online.