MyGNR Forum in the Future

Gracii Guns

It occurred to me that I've been on this forum for 10 years, (as have many others). And I began to wonder what might happen to it in the distant future. Guns N' Roses relevancy has come and gone in the existence of the forum. The members of GN'R are all in my parents' generation, so I can expect them to all retire/die before I do. One day there will be no possibility of a reunion, a tour or another album.

And I'm sure that a few of us will keep chatting on here.

So I'm up for hearing your theories of what mygnr is going to be like in the future (near and distant).

----

My theory is that this community might not be owned by an individual, but the forum will be skimmed down to the bare essentials with more achievable running costs, and the website will be owned as a co-operative by ten or more dedicated people who pay for the running costs.

We'll see past members come and go too. But hopefully before then we'll see a reunion, another album and a Best Of, which will gain the forum a bit more popularity. :)

With all the news of a reunion going on, that's why I joined yesterday. I've been waiting YEARS! to see Axl and Slash dominate the stage again. More then not, other people such as myself will join the forums when the tour is cast in stone and we can get real fucking music again.

God, I can't fucking wait!

GUNS N FUCKING ROSES FUCKERS!!!

It occurred to me that I've been on this forum for 10 years, (as have many others). And I began to wonder what might happen to it in the distant future. Guns N' Roses relevancy has come and gone in the existence of the forum. The members of GN'R are all in my parents' generation, so I can expect them to all retire/die before I do. One day there will be no possibility of a reunion, a tour or another album.

And I'm sure that a few of us will keep chatting on here.

So I'm up for hearing your theories of what mygnr is going to be like in the future (near and distant).

----

My theory is that this community might not be owned by an individual, but the forum will be skimmed down to the bare essentials with more achievable running costs, and the website will be owned as a co-operative by ten or more dedicated people who pay for the running costs.

We'll see past members come and go too. But hopefully before then we'll see a reunion, another album and a Best Of, which will gain the forum a bit more popularity. :)

My theory is that from 4-5 years from now on/after the band completely run it's course aka retired for good, there would be no populated forums on the internet. Every place turning on to a ghost town

why?

Because better technology exists out there, not to mention, that if you want forumesque experience, you can go to reddit any time :lol:

The mere fact that a forum needs an "achieavable" cost when hundreds of thousands sites exists without any costs (including forums) is speaks for itself...

I can see that a few regulars hold out, and chat from time to time, but without any band activity i don't think the future of these forums are plausible. Of course any possible unreleased, bootlegged stuff can make as a base of discusssions, though

Imagine if Axl will never release CD 2. I bet some people still would wait for round two in 2030 somewhere....

Bands like Led Zeppelin maintain a constant forumer fanbase, maybe because their legacy is bigger and they doesn't fucked up their history and still have die hards whom posts, yet the band ceased to exist in 1982ish (and we can safely exclude their 2007 Reunion from the equation)

I have a feeling that this forums regulars mostly came here, becuse of the Anything Goes/Non GNR sections and not for the band itself

Gee, i wonder why... :lol:

Edited by Strange Broue

As my sources has told me that Gracii will be the next mod, so well in the future we will see that.

Many people are coming here since many years and even have met each other which is very cool, I am basically new here compared to others, some people like me, some don't, many don't even care about me.

Before this I used to be on another website of another band which I liked, I used to be on the Chat of that, I was there for more than 10 years, I saw many people going, that site had MANY changes, but I was there. I called them Versions. like Version 1, 2, 3.

Similar to here I assume, like first it was under the control of Eric Magneto Romano and Madison Ivy, then it became under Subs, then now its with Downzy, In the future I won't be surprised if it goes to some one else. For me Russ will be the only logical choice even though we have had our tiff in the past, but I guess things are cool between us now ;)

Even after so much time, people have stayed on, a person like me who hated forums comes here everyday god knows why. On the other band site where I used to be, I saw many people come and go when new versions of the site/chat were introduced. I made many good friends too.

I hope this site never ends, some one should carry it on, there are many great people here and know each other only through these forums, I can't say that people love me, but I do see friends between people here.

As my sources has told me that Gracii will be the next mod, so well in the future we will see that.

You know, the more you say that, the less likely it's going to happen?

I know I'm self-employed so work at a computer from home all day, and have a moral compass to guide the forum in turbulent times, but I don't think anyone's predicted a mod being installed before, so now you've said it, the chances are greater that Miser will be made a mod.

And I'm ok with that. :)

I know I'm self-employed so work at a computer from home all day, and have a moral compass to guide the forum in turbulent times, but I don't think anyone's predicted a mod being installed before, so now you've said it, the chances are greater that Miser will be made a mod.

At least say something about my other points too.

At least say something about my other points too.

I'm enjoying sitting back and reading everyone's ideas. I might do a comprehensive assessment later on. :)

Under the invention and use of social media such as facebook and twitter, Fan forums have for the most part been rendered useless. They survived myspace but social media has evolved and grown. It is intertwined with their computers, tablets, and phones. There is no Nazi mods from particular sites able to suppress opinions and spread propaganda on such platforms. However this place has remained an anomaly with participation. It has taken a down swing for awhile, but appears to be picking up.

Without this reunion, I think it fades away. Slowly, but if there's no reunion I think many check out and the place becomes a ghost town, as it was for the year before this reunion talk.

With a reunion, I think this place has at least 10 more years of activity? A reunion reignites all interest in the band and you've got at least 5 more years of activity with the band, 2 more years of "how long will they be gone", then 3 more years till people finally accept its done.