10 Cloverfield Lane (Cloverfield Sequel)

bacardimayne

I like hand held camera movies for some reason. Like Paranormal and Area 51. There was an action movie also with robots. I'm not sure about District 9 or Elysium if they are strictly hand held but they had that feel. Cloverfield was good too. I think the hand held just draws you in and gives things a sense of excitement or like a documentary. It's a trick but it works on me. 

Watched this yesterday and I loved it. Goodman is fucking great. You question his character constantly throughout the movie and switch opinions back and forth a lot. That was really well-done. 

The ending didn't bother me. It was a little weird, but fun too. In fact it was the only way to go as the movie progressed. Especially when she was actually out. And given its relation to the Cloverleaf universe it even makes sense really.

I wonder if they'll tie the two together more closely in a third movie. Though I can't imagine a third one to have the seem creepy vibe to it as this too. It would be hard to keep up the mystery.