Adler needed a lawyer and Duff/Slash didn't?

I was just reading Adler's book and he said

1. he signed the contract in which he gave away the rights to the band for the mere 2 grand

2. it was annulled bikoz his lawyer wasn't present at the moment of signing

and then I read Duff's book and he said he was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ripped off and fooled into singing his contract (while he was under influence of coke and booze) (which he signed only bikoz he was afraid of a riot - what a sympathetic folk, that guy)

if he was so ripped off, didn't his lawyer need to be present at that moment?

anybody has any info on that?

7 hours ago, Mr. Dude said:

There were attorneys there when Duff and Slash signed those papers. They signed them at the same time they signed the papers on the Adler deposition.

I would believe this 100%. Any lawyer in his/her right mind knows that a contract can be voided if it is signed under duress or by a person who doesn't have the ability to understand what they are signing for whatever reason (being too under the influence to know what you're signing certainly counts). For their own protection they would have had the papers signed in the presence of attorneys who could act as witnesses that everyone was competent. If not, yeah, Slash and Duff could probably easily have gone to court and had it thrown out later.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1