A+ to the GNR marketing team

I agree that from a marketing point of view it was a very nice move. Very well played. But at the same time I feel that this marketing strategy makes this reunion a little soulless and turn this in a more commercial move. Without interviews or press conferences we cant hear anything of the members feelings about all this great event. For me one of the important things its to know how they feel all this. I dont care if they are friends or not, just the feelinigs about playing again together, would be really interesting to hear about that. I saw the pictures from yesterday´s show and i just see 3 guys playing. Maybe if i could be there would be different but idk, i will wait for the show reviews.

My english sucks so idk if you can know what i mean, but i hope you can understund my point of view.

and the entire iconography, logos, lettering everything is back. yet they are not just reprinting old stuff, it's all new but in the same vain. GnR-verse so to speak.

that's what happens when your promo people are also fans. they must be checking forums and online outlets too, drawing some inspiration out of it.

as for the press conferences, in this day and age it's somewhat obsolete; now you can easily bypass biased media and reach fanbase directly (home page/twitter/fb etc)

On 02/04/2016 at 4:07 PM, aleyavu said:

I agree that from a marketing point of view it was a very nice move. Very well played. But at the same time I feel that this marketing strategy makes this reunion a little soulless and turn this in a more commercial move. Without interviews or press conferences we cant hear anything of the members feelings about all this great event. For me one of the important things its to know how they feel all this. I dont care if they are friends or not, just the feelinigs about playing again together, would be really interesting to hear about that. I saw the pictures from yesterday´s show and i just see 3 guys playing. Maybe if i could be there would be different but idk, i will wait for the show reviews.

My english sucks so idk if you can know what i mean, but i hope you can understund my point of view.

Hopefully we get interviews at some point. Wasn't there something about Duff talking to Trunk eventually? It would make things more personal. I don't even need to know the ins and outs of what happened. Maybe if new music comes, that will be the moment when they start talking.

But it's clear the new people working behind the scenes have had an impact. The promo for Troubadour was great. GNR always did things big. They liked creating events and vying for commercial success. So this is like a return to form.

The way the instagram pictures kept building up to the warm up gig was awesome.   

People want to complain about the order things were announced but surely there is reasoning behind it.   Perhaps it was a condition of headlining coachella that it be announced first.     Or getting to be one of the first acts to open the new t-mobile arena in LV.

The warm up show at the Troubadour was a great way to get the band ready for the next set of gigs, which are going to be huge.     Can't wait.