GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

1 minute ago, giuls said:

Like @Slash787 i don't really recall Slash and Erin hanging together after the 90 and before him and Meegan got back together (i could have missed it, thou :P)  and i'm sure they're friendly and their families hang out together because of the Meegan connection but it's a lot of candies that are carefully arranged (look at the bottle of M&Ms that is "framed" by the two candy bars, they are not placed casually and in a hurry) and i think it's a bit excessive for a friend's significant other with whom you re-connected relatively recently, like, i get a nice wrapped gift, not all that work but that's me! :lol:Again, i'm speculating, who knows what they do!

So.....Axl couldn't be at the dinner because he was too busy tetrising all the sweets into the guitar case. Bingo! Mystery solved. :dance:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Axl was clubbing in NYC as it's been shown in some fan pictures :sleeper:

Do we know that was at the exact time that the dinner was? I mean dinner is usually an earlier affair than clubbing...

7 minutes ago, Frey said:

Do we know that was at the exact time that the dinner was? I mean dinner is usually an earlier affair than clubbing...

I have no clue but in all honesty, I don't think Axl was in that gathering at all.

They may have had some sort of celebration backstage before or after the show, with the cake Del James took a picture off and the presents, but I don't think they went farther than that.

Hopefully, I'm wrong :shrugs:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Axl was clubbing in NYC as it's been shown in some fan pictures :sleeper:

Yes, i saw them but i didn't see if it was on the 22 or 23 but anyway, it doesn't mean it wasn't at the dinner (i actually don't think he was there but there's still a slim change and it's fun to speculate) and the guitar case thing was in the backstage the day after, he had all the time to arrange it, be at the party, (i think we all agree he was at the backstage celebration) and then go clubbing, it is a late night activity, after all.

15 minutes ago, Rock Hopper said:

I like that, a ninja ferret:ph34r:

Awww, with a cute little ninja costume!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, giuls said:

Yes, i saw them but i didn't see if it was on the 22 or 23 but anyway, it doesn't mean it wasn't at the dinner (i actually don't think he was there but there's still a slim change and it's fun to speculate) and the guitar case thing was in the backstage the day after, he had all the time to arrange it, be at the party, (i think we all agree he was at the backstage celebration) and then go clubbing, it is a late night activity, after all.

The "party" which was actually a family dinner, I think it happened in the night of Friday 22. On Saturday, the presents and cakes arrived and were backstage the whole day. Axl probably celebrated backstage with the rest of the band, crew, etc. like when they celebrate your birthday at the office :lol:

Just now, killuridols said:

The "party" which was actually a family dinner, I think it happened in the night of Friday 22. On Saturday, the presents and cakes arrived and were backstage the whole day. Axl probably celebrated backstage with the rest of the band, crew, etc. like when they celebrate your birthday at the office :lol:

Yes, that's what i said, the dinner was on the 22 and the backstage party on the 23, i meant that i didn't know when the photo of Axl clubbing were taken, not about the celebration, i'm sorry i wasn't very clear, damned english! :lol:

4 minutes ago, giuls said:

Yes, that's what i said, the dinner was on the 22 and the backstage party on the 23, i meant that i didn't know when the photo of Axl clubbing were taken, not about the celebration, i'm sorry i wasn't very clear, damned english! :lol:

Clubbing was on Saturday night I think, but not sure.

• Like 1

I just wanted to share something without shaking the tree. I was so happy to hear of the trio reunion, as most of you were. I saw them in Toronto and loved it! I am also new to IG and followed the GnR, duff, slash, and others to keep in the loop of the upcoming concerts. I was a little nervous that someone would mess it up and got a gut feeling on something recently.

As you know Axl is not happy that so many people are claiming that they were the ones who brought them to a reunion. So many people are claiming they were the ones, and Axl denounced them.

Recently, Duff's wife did a page 6 article saying that Duff was the one who brought them together. Even if this was so, Axl would not appreciate this.  I mentioned this on her IG account, & very respectfully, and she blocked me. I guess I hit a nerve? At least we know she reads her IG responses and only allows praise on her IG. I've got nothing against her, but it wasn't a smart thing for her to do. Tread lightly. Susan, tread lightly.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

First off all I am new here and enjoying this women's thread so much, it seems like most of you are having a lot of fun.

Hi, welcome here! :)

22 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

I just wanted to share something without shaking the tree. I was so happy to hear of the trio reunion, as most of you were. I saw them in Toronto and loved it! I am also new to IG and followed the GnR, duff, slash, and others to keep in the loop of the upcoming concerts. I was a little nervous that someone would mess it up and got a gut feeling on something recently.

As you know Axl is not happy that so many people are claiming that they were the ones who brought them to a reunion. So many people are claiming they were the ones, and Axl denounced them.

Recently, Duff's wife did a page 6 article saying that Duff was the one who brought them together. Even if this was so, Axl would not appreciate this.  I mentioned this on her IG account, & very respectfully, and she blocked me. I guess I hit a nerve? At least we know she reads her IG responses and only allows praise on her IG. I've got nothing against her, but it wasn't a smart thing for her to do. Tread lightly. Susan, tread lightly.

Ok. This topic was discussed in the main section of the forum. I don't know if the thread is still around but you could go there and check it. If I'm not mistaken, I think most of us discussing over there agreed that Susan wasn't doing anything wrong, she was talking about her husband because Duff is actually her husband (surprised?) and what she said was misquoted by some ill-intentioned people because she didn't single out Duff as the main guy behind this, she said he was part of a team of people who worked on it.

Regardless, what you're saying that happened on her Instagram sounds similar to other stories I've heard before, not about her but about other "wives" (especifically Erin and Meegan). And my assumption is that they really HATE IT when people, fans, snoop in their business or doubt them, or tell them to do or stop doing things, as if fans were part of what they are and they werent. Am I being clear? I think I made a mess, but in short, when these people block you it's because you piss them off with your opinions, and not necessarily because you're right and they are wrong.

I can totally understand it is not cool when someone you've never seen in your life, does not live your life (only vicariously) and never will, tells you stuff about your life like they'd know better than you.

Edit: I want to make clear I'm not giving you shit. I'm just telling you why I think she blocked you.
I'm a snoopy too, I'm into a lot of gossip (especially about this band) and sometimes I snoop too much into their lives. I have had my own share of "not-so-cool" confrontations with people from the GN'R camp. They have not blocked me yet (I've been very lucky) but I'm sure I pushed their buttons. Then I realized I was doing wrong or that maybe I don't know as much as I think I know, even if I have a lot of "sources" and talk to a lot of people related to them. Some things we will never know and we are not in the heads of Axl, Slash, Duff or any of them, really- We assume a lot based on past behavior but that's not always the best way to predict future behavior, more so when there are emotiones involved.

Edited by killuridols

34 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

I don't actually think so, i guess Axl was angry that people that aren't in the band were taking the merit of the reunion, Duff is in the band and he had to agree to play nicely in order to do the reunion so this is his doing too (plus, let's be honest, Duff is the more mature between the three of them, it's very plausible he was the one that went throught Slash and Axl and got them to talk to each other) and Susan's statement was in that vein, he wasn't the only one but he had a hand in it and she was talking about him solving problem with the crew/daily life on tour so she wasn't talking only about the reunion, i really don't think Axl would have any problem with it.

The wives/girlfriends are constatly harassed on social media, they must be tired of people implying they're making trouble in the band by meddling, even if said in a not nasty tone,  and i can say i don't blame them at all.

(i'm not trying to be a bitch to you, but i see where Susan is coming from, it's her life and we're only fan who has no contact with the actual band)

Edited by giuls
  • Like 1

I don't think Axl's going get upset about what Duffs wife says, she says loads of GnR related things all the time. Wasn't it it her, or one of her friends, who let slip about the reunion first? :lol:

Duff and Susan have been around Axl for quite some time now, I'm sure she knows her boundaries. When I saw the Instagram posts she did of the AC/DC thing in London, like she was as proud as Duff of him, you know she must actually talk to Axl sometimes :)