Steve Jones autobiography to be released Nov 2016

Len Cnut

STEVE-O, STEVE-O, STEVE-O, STEVE-O!!

He was illiterate when joined the Pistols, bless him, he's reading and writing is none too clever even now so this should be an interesting autobiography.  I WOZ BORNED IN 'AMMERSMIFF IN 19 SUMMINK OR UVVER :lol:

• Like 2

When I was in London early 90's, I was in this greasy little shop and saw an autobiography about Glen Matlock called "I Was A Teenage Sex Pistol".
I still regret not buying it. Maybe it was the title that put me off, I dunno. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Zint said:

When I was in London early 90's, I was in this greasy little shop and saw an autobiography about Glen Matlock called "I Was A Teenage Sex Pistol".
I still regret not buying it. Maybe it was the title that put me off, I dunno. :lol:

Ive got that, its actually alright!c Have you heard about The Rich Kids and The Professionals double header in London on the 23rd?

Edited by Len B'stard

I just noticed there's a revised edition of Matlock's book...gonna pick it up.

Hadn't heard about that gig, that would be pretty fucking cool actually. Are you going?

Never got to see Rich Kids, would have loved to, but I got to see The Professionals in '82..I have a bootleg audio recording of the gig. :)

6 hours ago, Zint said:

I just noticed there's a revised edition of Matlock's book...gonna pick it up.

Hadn't heard about that gig, that would be pretty fucking cool actually. Are you going?

Never got to see Rich Kids, would have loved to, but I got to see The Professionals in '82..I have a bootleg audio recording of the gig. :)

Im not going, no cuz i heard Steve wouldnt be there soooo...

I was listening to Steve Jones solo band live promo CD I just bought for the September 23, 1989 Concrete Foundation Concert  just yesterday thinking we need a bio from Steve.....That band and his Fire and Gasoline album kicked ass.................

Looking forward to to the bio............

I love Steve Jones to bits and i would forgive him anything but I've got to say I never got on with any of his post-Professionals stuff at all.  I mean i don't care, he'll forever be The Cat Burglar to me and i genuinely loved The Professionals but all that 80s long hair Harleys and body building stuff never done it for me.  But every time he opened his mouth he was still Steve sooo, y'know, God bless.  But Fire and Gasoline, all that stuff, not for me really.  Not just because that kinda music ain't my thing but also because...he kinda had his own thing already, he didn't need to be acting like a Sunset Strip yank.  I don't hold it against him or anything, i just think he didn't need it.  But like I said, love the bloke to bits, always have, always will, it's very difficult to explain but...he could be a million people i know, he's sort of not built to be famous, so much so that however famous he got he could never be anything but Steve, even when he was riding Harleys and all that, he was just Steve.  I'll never begrudge a man doing what he wants and I'll never begrudge a man like Steve who is always himself, no matter where he's at.  People like Steve to me are the heart of rock n roll, there's no theory there, no...high fallutin ideas, it's just in him, the ability to play guitar the way he does and come up with those riffs, it's weird, by all rights he shouldn't have it, it doesn't make sense, he sounds like a West London ratbag...but he just has that ability to him.  I think he's an absolute diamond.  

He really was a down and out no hoper, an illiterate, a habitual criminal, he reminds me of 100 people i know, rock n roll really saved that guy from prison, he was even in like, kids prisons a lot of his youth, approved schools, borstals, young offenders institutes, fuckin' rough places in England in the late 60s/early 70s...as far as wrong un's go in the history of rock n roll he was probably as wrong as any out there...but he's fuckin' made it and he deserves every bit of success and every bit of money and every hour out in the LA sunshine that he gets, he really is a top lad.  People can say what they want about these ideals that people like Henry Rollins and Jello Biafra and people like that can pontificate about (and i love them both too in their own way) but ideas like that don't apply to people like Steve, they are literally beyond his like...frame of thinking.  Poor people, real poor people, water and cornflakes and arse hanging out the back of their trousers type poor people, they don't give a fuck about all that, all that bothers them is not being poor.  With Steve, John you're talking about not poor in the sense of menial labour poor but like, bordering of Dickensian levels of poverty.  Most people couldn't stomach lives like they lived, i'm not sure I could, so they don't really have the right to judge.  For many years Rotten lived in a storefront with a curtain drawn over the front on the Benwell Road, he got meningitis from rats pissing in the water.  REALLY?!?!  Rats pissing in the water, have you any idea what level of poverty that puts them on?  That ain't even working class, thats like...i don't even know what that is.  The guy used to have to clean up his mums miscarriages for chrissakes.  The fact that people like that ever made anything of their lives is a fucking miracle quite frankly and i don't think any rock n roll band could ever compare to The Sex Pistols in the sense that...they really really were the very bottom of societys ladder...but thats OK because it's from that that you get real real real honesty...because why would people like that lie, to preserve what?  They never had nothing in the first place.

I mean they thought Glen Matlock was like...well off, his Mum worked in a powder puff factory for fuckssake, as well as a part time cleaning lady :lol:  That was like The House of Elliot for people like John and Steve :lol:  

• Like 2