South America tour Officially announced

Just now, killuridols said:

Depends on the size of the pits. The whole idea of VIP PIT is exactly to not have to line up days before the show. You're paying thousands for a perk, you know? :shrugs:

Probably the ones going on GA FLOOR will have to do that, but I'm not sure that's even allowed now. The neighborhood where River Plate is located have protested against the shows and that's the reason why that stadium has not been available for big shows like this for a long time. This will surely be some kind of exception. Not even the Rolling Stones got to play River Plate this year.

Yep, that would make sense, but money speaks louder! Unless GnR does something COMPLETELY different from every show I've ever been to, the PIT is huge!

Please excuse my artwork lol but just so you guys know the difference from the PIT in the US and in Brazil

Pista-Premium.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Yep, that would make sense, but money speaks louder! Unless GnR does something COMPLETELY different from every show I've ever been to, the PIT is huge!

Please excuse my artwork lol but just so you guys know the difference from the PIT in the US and in Brazil

Pista-Premium.jpg

That's what I'm saying. I don't know how they are going to divide the pit here. In order to make different packages with different prices, they will probably cut it in two or three parts, so not everybody will have to line up at the same time or go by the same gate. I have no idea really, I'll know when I see it.

Here's a map of how the River stadium was divided for Roger Waters in Buenos Aires. This was in 2011:

noticias-1417330w620.jpg

As you can see, there are LOTS of "packages" and VIP sections with their different prices.

And this is how it was divided for Justin Bieber in 2013:

justin-bieber-river-entradas.jpg

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

That's what I'm saying. I don't know how they are going to divide the pit here. In order to make different packages with different prices, they will probably cut it in two or three parts, so not everybody will have to line up at the same time or go by the same gate. I have no idea really, I'll know when I see it.

Here's a map of how the River stadium was divided for Roger Waters in Buenos Aires. This was in 2011:

noticias-1417330w620.jpg

As you can see, there are LOTS of "packages" and VIP sections with their different prices.

And this is how it was divided for Justin Bieber in 2013:

justin-bieber-river-entradas.jpg

That's interesting. I don't remember seing any concerts with so many floor divisions like that in Brazil.

That's interesting. I don't remember seing any concerts with so many floor divisions like that in Brazil.

I think big acts like these get divided like that. I'm so very used to this! that's why I was saying the stories from 1992 don't apply here anymore but I guess it all depends on what the band wants, or the promoter? This is definitely based on money so I suppose they will do it based on the audience incomes, lol.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

I think big acts like these get divided like that. I'm so very used to this! that's why I was saying the stories from 1992 don't apply here anymore but I guess it all depends on what the band wants, or the promoter? This is definitely based on money so I suppose they will do it based on the audience incomes, lol.

It's interesting 'cause I don't think that's ever been done here, tho. I've seen many big acts like Aerosmith, David Gilmour, even GnR, and it was always only VIP floor and regular floor.

But I think that ends up being better than our VIP floor cause we pay extra and don't get to be that close to the band.

Well.. guess we'll have to wait and see.

2 minutes ago, emybdc said:

It's interesting 'cause I don't think that's ever been done here, tho. I've seen many big acts like Aerosmith, David Gilmour, even GnR, and it was always only VIP floor and regular floor.

But I think that ends up being better than our VIP floor cause we pay extra and don't get to be that close to the band.

Well.. guess we'll have to wait and see.

I suppose it depends on the venue, the band and/or the promoter?

Aerosmith is coming here in October. They will play two dates in two different cities. One city gets VIP PLATINUM PIT, VIP FLOOR & GA FLOOR. The other city gets only VIP FLOOR and GA FLOOR. Why is that? I have no idea. :shrugs:

With Guns N' Roses when I saw them here, there were lots of different seats too but that was the "nuGNR". Now it is different, they are reunited and their value has rised up since Axl playing for 10K-15K people. That's why I'm clueless on how it's going to be.

I'll try to get the most expensive tickets only IF they are divided like that (VIP etc etc shit). I'm not paying loads of money for having to line up 3 days before. I can't do that. I have a job and lots of things to take care of as for having to waste my time in line, sleeping on the floor. No way.

2 hours ago, emybdc said:

I hope it works out for you to come! Where do you live?

Rio is not THAT far from Sao Paolo, something like 500 km, I think. But you can find cheap flights from SP to Rio.

Thanks for the reply, I live very far away

I will have to take everything in consideration, plane tickets, show tickets, sight seeing and cash in hand. Only the plane tickets are coming for $1500 and for Japan that will come less than half for me.

So well Im still in the deciding stages. Lets see whatever works out for me.

Just now, killuridols said:

I suppose it depends on the venue, the band and/or the promoter?

Aerosmith is coming here in October. They will play two dates in two different cities. One city gets VIP PLATINUM PIT, VIP FLOOR & GA FLOOR. The other city gets only VIP FLOOR and GA FLOOR. Why is that? I have no idea. :shrugs:

With Guns N' Roses when I saw them here, there were lots of different seats too but that was the "nuGNR". Now it is different, they are reunited and their value has rised up since Axl playing for 10K-15K people. That's why I'm clueless on how it's going to be.

I'll try to get the most expensive tickets only IF they are divided like that (VIP etc etc shit). I'm not paying loads of money for having to line up 3 days before. I can't do that. I have a job and lots of things to take care of as for having to waste my time in line, sleeping on the floor. No way.

Exactly, I think it's worth paying more if you have the guarantee of a good spot. However I'll end up buying VIP floor for just a chance at being on the rail :( I'll have to travel for the shows so I won't be working, but there's no way I'm gonna sleep outside the venue and be tired for the show.

I've done some research and for Aerosmith here all cities get only VIP floor and regular floor. But I really hope they have and ~extra special~ VIP floor so I can be closer to the band lol and I hope they don't charge a small fortune for it.

1 minute ago, Slash787 said:

Thanks for the reply, I live very far away

I will have to take everything in consideration, plane tickets, show tickets, sight seeing and cash in hand. Only the plane tickets are coming for $1500 and for Japan that will come less than half for me.

So well Im still in the deciding stages. Lets see whatever works out for me.

I believe we'll know more about tickets price by next week. It seems there is some kind of issue with the venue in Rio, so they're probably waiting to release the info after all's worked out.

2 minutes ago, emybdc said:

I believe we'll know more about tickets price by next week. It seems there is some kind of issue with the venue in Rio, so they're probably waiting to release the info after all's worked out.

IF I go then it will be to Sao Paulo first and then Rio, Im not that sure about Rio, but yeah Sao Paulo will be there, I am getting pretty confused with this VIP and Extra VIP and Special VIP

Another thing which I am scared about is that the South American crowd is just amazing, so I don't want to be crushed and I have back problems. 

In the Pits in US you could still move around and all, but in South American it will be jam packed. 

2 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

IF I go then it will be to Sao Paulo first and then Rio, Im not that sure about Rio, but yeah Sao Paulo will be there, I am getting pretty confused with this VIP and Extra VIP and Special VIP

Another thing which I am scared about is that the South American crowd is just amazing, so I don't want to be crushed and I have back problems. 

In the Pits in US you could still move around and all, but in South American it will be jam packed. 

Yeah, if you come down here you gotta be prepared. The only time I've made the rail was at a heavy metal show when I was a teenager. The securtiy guard had to rescue me and take me out cause I was getting seriously smashed lol

In Brazil we only got two kinds of floors: VIP floor (front of the stage, but it's not a small area like in the US, it's big) and regular floor (the rest of it lol). Then there are the seats on the bleachers.

4 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Yeah, if you come down here you gotta be prepared. The only time I've made the rail was at a heavy metal show when I was a teenager. The securtiy guard had to rescue me and take me out cause I was getting seriously smashed lol

In Brazil we only got two kinds of floors: VIP floor (front of the stage, but it's not a small area like in the US, it's big) and regular floor (the rest of it lol). Then there are the seats on the bleachers.

Any idea or just an estimate guess that how much these VIP floor tickets which is in front of the stage would be in US Dollars? 

11 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Exactly, I think it's worth paying more if you have the guarantee of a good spot. However I'll end up buying VIP floor for just a chance at being on the rail :( I'll have to travel for the shows so I won't be working, but there's no way I'm gonna sleep outside the venue and be tired for the show.

I've done some research and for Aerosmith here all cities get only VIP floor and regular floor. But I really hope they have and ~extra special~ VIP floor so I can be closer to the band lol and I hope they don't charge a small fortune for it.

I already have my tickets for Aerosmith but I'm not going on the floor or vip floor. I love the band but Im not a die hard or anything. Also, I dont have time for lining up. So I got me some really good seats and that will be it. I'll get there 3 hours before or 2 hours before, I'll see.

6 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

If you have those back problems I don't recommend you coming here to the floor.

Also, you sound not very knowledgeable in Latinamerican matters. Like, things here don't work as smooth as in first world countries. Transportation and communications are really bad in some cities. Internet is usually a big piece of shit, specially in Argentina and in general, people have learned ways to survive the jungle these cities are. For some reason, you strike me as a very innocent guy, lol :lol: im not sure you should pick this part of the world to come for a GNR show! :P

Are you coming alone?

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I already have my tickets for Aerosmith but I'm not going on the floor or vip floor. I love the band but Im not a die hard or anything. Also, I dont have time for lining up. So I got me some really good seats and that will be it. I'll get there 3 hours before or 2 hours before, I'll see.

Also, you sound not very knowledgeable in Latinamerican matters. Like, things here don't work as smooth as in first world countries. Transportation and communications are really bad in some cities. Internet is usually a big piece of shit, specially in Argentina and in general, people have learned ways to survive the jungle these cities are. For some reason, you strike me as a very innocent guy, lol :lol: im not sure you should pick this part of the world to come for a GNR show! :P

Are you coming alone?

yeah IF I come which the chances are very less, then yeah I will come alone cause none of my friends like GNR or rock music in General. 

I love to travel to new places, so would love to see Brazil, I would love to see Argentina too but the plane tickets are coming double the price than Brazil.

Again I have two minds about it cause everything will work out very expensive, but yeah nothing wrong to gather information as I know you all will help me out in giving info about the city and the venues. 

Edited by Slash787

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Are you coming alone?

Preach! It's not smooth sailing down here lol I mean, people are friendly and helpful but things don't always work well.

ps. Both nights in Vegas I had seated tickets for the first time ever. I've always been on the floor. It was a great time! I'll probably do it again for some next show, but I really wanna see GnR up close now that I've seen them from afar lol

9 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Any idea or just an estimate guess that how much these VIP floor tickets which is in front of the stage would be in US Dollars? 

I think I've mentioned that 4x here already LOL in Brazil, about U$250

5 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

yeah IF I come which the chances are very less, then yeah I will come alone cause none of my friends like GNR or rock music in General. 

I love to travel to new places, so would love to see Brazil, I would love to see Argentina too but the plane tickets are coming double the price than Brazil.

Again I have two minds about it cause everything will work out very expensive, but yeah nothing to gather information as I know you all will help me out in giving info about the city and the venues. 

Yeah, I can see it gets very expensive if you live so far away. It's the same for me going to the US or Europe, I guess.

Planning a trip like that you will need like lots of details to move around the city, get to the venue, get out of the venue, hotel, airport, etc. It's a lot of time investment in research and shit. I know it is very tiring. We can give out information here but then when it comes to the real deal (real life I mean) there's no much we can do.

Preach! It's not smooth sailing down here lol I mean, people are friendly and helpful but things don't always work well.

ps. Both nights in Vegas I had seated tickets for the first time ever. I've always been on the floor. It was a great time! I'll probably do it again for some next show, but I really wanna see GnR up close now that I've seen them from afar lol

Buenos Aires is a wild city, just like Rio and Sao Paulo. So many things to watch out for. So many people trying to get advantage of tourists and newcomers, lol.

Yeah, I've never seen them from the floor either because I'm always so lazy :P but now I want that too. But it will all depend on how the pit is divided and how many people I can gather with me for the show. Not sure it is a good deal to go to that kind of shit alone. Not here and definitely not as a female.

@killuridols I think there will be VIP Floor and GA floor. No more divisions.

And do not rule out a change Stadium. The Rolling Stones not playing in River Plate because the Hooligans they wanted to be with reselling tickets :max:

Long time no concerts at River Plate.

41 minutes ago, lucasnesposito said:

@killuridols I think there will be VIP Floor and GA floor. No more divisions.

And do not rule out a change Stadium. The Rolling Stones not playing in River Plate because the Hooligans they wanted to be with reselling tickets :max:

Long time no concerts at River Plate.

They better do not change stadiums or im not going :max:

And if they change stadiums the divisions will be different, again. Sucks so big. I need to figure out everything soon.

29 minutes ago, killuridols said:

They better do not change stadiums or im not going :max:

And if they change stadiums the divisions will be different, again. Sucks so big. I need to figure out everything soon.

I wish that tickets go on sale soon, so can not change the stadium :lol:.

I remember The Rolling Stones show was announced at River Plate, and later changed at Estadio Unico, La Plata.

4 minutes ago, lucasnesposito said:

I wish that tickets go on sale soon, so can not change the stadium :lol:.

I remember The Rolling Stones show was announced at River Plate, and later changed at Estadio Unico, La Plata.

omg dont ruin my night :facepalm:

40 minutes ago, valengf said:

My hopes is that if there are any more dates to announce, please announce them before the tickets go out to sell

In Sao Paolo and Buenos Aires I think they'll announce second dates after they first shows sell out. But is there are dates to be announced in other cities, it makes sense they'd announce them before the sales start.

On 7/13/2016 at 4:54 PM, Live Like a Suicide said:

Seems that claim from a member here is turning out to be true...that GNR will tour SA this year, Australia in January, Japan in February and Europe after that.

If they go to Japan, do you guys think they'll book the Tokyo Dome? They performed 3 sold out shows there during the Illusions tour. But nowadays, it seems very rare for any Western/Non-Asian act to go for it. Even top mainstream bands like Coldplay can't sell out the TD