GNR Texas Double Shot - DFW To Houston Roundtrip Rideshare?

Is anyone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area planning to drive down to Houston for the August 5th show at NRG Stadium?
I have a sixth row floor ticket, but no transportation due to a family situation that has just reared its ugly head.
I am a low key, sober, guy who would be happy to contribute my fair share towards fuel/lodging expenses.

I would like to tape the Houston gig for fans around the world.

However, this cannot happen if I can't get down to the show.

Please let me know. Thank You!

Edited by rockphantom
  • Like 1

Bump!! My family is attempting to convince me to scrap my plan to attend the Houston GN'R show, and to focus on my school studies.

DO NOT LET THEM WIN! :unsure:

Surely, there is a fan traveling from Dallas/Fort Worth to the Houston GNR show in August?

Let me help you reduce your travelling expenses!! 

Help ensure that the Houston GNR 2016 concert is captured for fans around the world to enjoy!

Thank You!

Edited by rockphantom

I am getting very close to asking for a refund on my Houston ticket.

Surely, someone is traveling from Dallas/Fort Worth to the Houston GNR gig on August 5th?
My proposal is a win-win for both parties. Please... Help a taper out!

I would rather not take the bus. I've compared routes and the trip takes 6 hours from DFW to Houston on the bus versus 4 hours in a personal vehicle.

I am also not familiar with Houston. The city is a big concrete jungle. I don't think it would be a wise decision to go down there alone.

I am a big proponent of the buddy system.  You watch my back and I'll watch yours...

Edited by rockphantom

I am going to the Arlington, TX show on August 3rd, so I will get my GNR fix this summer.

However, I'm open to taping the Houston gig if I am able to travel down there with a trustworthy companion.

My family doesn't want me going down to Houston alone. It's just not a wise thing to do.

My friends have been turned off by Guns N' Roses' HIGH ticket prices.

I'll live if I miss the Houston show.

I'm sure I could put the $300 I've invested in the ticket to good use (I purchased ticket insurance, after taking the distance into consideration).

Edited by rockphantom

Just now, vegasjunkie2004 said:

I live in Houston so I'm sorry I can't help you get here from dallas. If you decide to sell your ticket(s) let me know bro. I dont currently have tickets for the show in Houston. 

Keep an eye on Stubhub and Seatgeek.com. Prices are already below face value in many sections.

Pull the trigger on August 4th or 5th and you will make out like a champ!

https://seatgeek.com/08-05-2016-guns-n-roses-concert-slash-with-guns-n-roses-tickets/houston-texas-nrg-stadium-2016-08-05-8-30-pm/concert/3199397

http://www.stubhub.com/guns-n-roses-tickets-guns-n-roses-houston-nrg-stadium-8-5-2016/event/9558746/?mbox=1&abbyo=false&rS=0&qtyq=false&sliderpos=false&priceWithFees=true&sType=DEFAULT

I have ticket insurance, so I'll be able to get a full refund if things don't work out for me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last call! Can anyone help me out?

I've begun the insurance claim process and will file on Friday if I can't get a ride to Houston and back to Arlington lined up.

I know this seems unlikely, so I am not holding my breath.  

I have accepted the fact that the Houston show is simply too far away for me.

In the grand scheme of things, missing the Houston gig won't kill me.

I was able to attend BOTH Vegas shows and will go to the Arlington gig on Wednesday.

I've been able to see more GNR shows than most fans this year, so it's all good! :D

Edited by rockphantom

I know drtydane suggested the bus, if that's a no go, is there a rail connection from DFW to Houston?

I hope you find a way of getting there and back.

By the way, I think it was you who recorded the Vegas show (night 2), quality mate, really enjoyed it, thank you for that.

Unfortunately, there is no rail connection between DFW and Houston.

Texas is HUGE. Wide open spaces between major cities.

I have a minor disability. This is why I don't drive and why my family doesn't want me travelling alone.

It seems that no one in North Texas is interested in seeing GNR twice this week.

I'll survive. Although, Friday night may be difficult to get through. :lol:

At the same time, I may be too tired on Friday after the Arlington show.

I may be thankful for an extra day to rest. 

Traveling in the Texas heat for long distances is no fun!

Yes, I recorded both Vegas shows and released them as Sin City Illusion I and II.

I am glad you've enjoyed my work!

I had hoped to record the Houston show too.

However, that doesn't look to be happening.

On the positive side, it is time to focus on the Wednesday night show at AT&T Stadium. :headbang:

Edited by rockphantom

5 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

Thank you for the kind words, Tiffani!

Dammit...kind words complete with autocorrect gone wrong...don't know how "way" ended up becoming 21st...anyway...No problem. Sure hope you find a solution. Hey...you try the Craigslist Rideshare section? Maybe someone from Dallas will be headed that way, outside of going to the show even...

3 hours ago, Tiffani said:

Dammit...kind words complete with autocorrect gone wrong...don't know how "way" ended up becoming 21st...anyway...No problem. Sure hope you find a solution. Hey...you try the Craigslist Rideshare section? Maybe someone from Dallas will be headed that way, outside of going to the show even...

TIffani, thank you for the suggestion.

However, I'm hesitant to use Craigslist to arrange a ride to the GNR show in Houston.

I have seen too many episodes of Unsolved Mysteries in my lifetime! :lol:

• Like 1

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 3:32 AM, rockphantom said:

I would rather not take the bus. I've compared routes and the trip takes 6 hours from DFW to Houston on the bus versus 4 hours in a personal vehicle.

I am also not familiar with Houston. The city is a big concrete jungle. I don't think it would be a wise decision to go down there alone.

I am a big proponent of the buddy system.  You watch my back and I'll watch yours...

Mate, for some reason I have just had a look at this, and there are plenty of buses that state they'll take 4 hours or so, look at Megabus, prices knocking around the $50-$60 return mark, the drop off in Houston is only a few miles from the NRG Stadium (got to be easy to get to from there??) - even though it will be a solo jaunt and probably feels like it'll be too much hassle, I'm sure it will live long in the memory - may even meet another Gunner doing the same trip?  Do it, get it booked up!

Edited by EastLondonDan
  • Like 1

On 8/2/2016 at 9:56 PM, rockphantom said:

TIffani, thank you for the suggestion.

However, I'm hesitant to use Craigslist to arrange a ride to the GNR show in Houston.

I have seen too many episodes of Unsolved Mysteries in my lifetime! :lol:

Haha....well that's true. There have been some crazy and sad outcomes as a result of people arranging to meet through CL.  I feel ya...no one wants Robert Stack narrating their demise lol..

On 8/2/2016 at 8:11 AM, EastLondonDan said:

Mate, for some reason I have just had a look at this, and there are plenty of buses that state they'll take 4 hours or so, look at Megabus, prices knocking around the $50-$60 return mark, the drop off in Houston is only a few miles from the NRG Stadium (got to be easy to get to from there??) - even though it will be a solo jaunt and probably feels like it'll be too much hassle, I'm sure it will live long in the memory - may even meet another Gunner doing the same trip?  Do it, get it booked up!

I must spend the weekend taking care of my best friend who had critical neck surgery yesterday.

I would come off as a complete asshole to his family, if I ditched my friend to attend a second GNR show within 2 days.

The Houston GNR show is no longer in my plans.

However, I am going to the Arlington concert tonight and will have the time off my life!! :headbang:

It's all good! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rockphantom said:

I must spend the weekend taking care of my best friend who had critical neck surgery yesterday.

I would come off as a complete asshole to his family, if I ditched my friend to attend a second GNR show within 2 days.

The Houston GNR show is no longer in my plans.

However, I am going to the Arlington concert tonight and will have the time off my life!! :headbang:

It's all good! 

Hope you had a blast!