Looking for a certain clip

@Lumikki, apart from the excerpt from Slash's book posted above by WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself, it's in the 1991 RS interview we were discussing in the other thread:

A few months before the AMAs, there was another fiasco when the band opened up for the Rolling Stones in Los Angeles and nearly broke up in the process. What led to those shows?
At that time I was at the tail end of a really, really serious heroin problem. I felt the band had to do the Stones gigs to bring us back together. We were all living in our separate houses, no one saw anybody, I was doing my thing, and only three of us were going to rehearsals on a regular basis. So I said, "Yeah, let's do the gig," even though our management was against it. I made an agreement with the band that after the Stones shows were over, I'd clean up. That was agreed upon and understood.

The night of the first Stones date, Axl went onstage and alluded that drugs were destroying the group. How did you feel when you heard that?
I was about to walk off. I was pissed. We finished the show, and it was one of those nights where everybody had their little part of the stage and just stayed there. The show sucked, it was lousy, and then Axl announced he was going to quit.

But he returned the next night, and things seemed to improve after you gave a little speech about dope. Were you pressured into making those remarks?
Axl said he wouldn't perform unless I agreed to go up and do what he called apologize, which I refused to do. I said what I said, and he came out, and it was very warm because what I said was totally honest. It wasn't an apology; it was sort of an explanation. No, not even that — I just opened up and said what I felt about heroin and what it does to people, who it's killed and how wrong it is. Because that's how I felt. But I was a junkie at the same time.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/the-rolling-stone-interview-slash-19910124

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Lumikki said:

How can you hear that and think he's joking? That's obviously Axl in one of his douchebag/temper tantrum moods. And you can clearly hear Slash is upset and trying to defend himself.

The only good thing I can say about this is that at least Axl realized he had fucked up and then apologized to Slash afterwards.

But yeah, it fits a pattern of Axl being really awful to Slash and treating him like crap. There are a number of incidents like that both on and off stage.

@Babooshka I would like to know more about Axl refusing to go on stage unless Slash apologized for being an addict (wtf?!) as well. Don't think I've heard that one before.

What other incidents?