The Damned's David Vanian Says GN'R 'Knocked All The Life Out Of' New Rose Cover

23 hours ago, Tiffani said:

I personally feel the timing was right considering that what was left of the original band imploded not too long thereafter. If they hadn't released it then, then when? 

Well, what you are saying is that they KNEW that they would break up/implode after that album and therefor had to make that album?....I don't believe that.  You could also turn it around and say the band imploded BECAUSE they had no clear vision after UYI tours and opted for a "lets just have fun in the studio" album ....:)

Edited by Nostalgia^

44 minutes ago, Nostalgia^ said:

Well, what you are saying is that they KNEW that they would break up/implode after that album and therefor had to make that album?....I don't believe that.  You could also turn it around and say the band imploded BECAUSE they had no clear vision after UYI tours and opted for a "lets just have fun in the studio" album ....:)

My understanding is that most of the album was done during UYI with the exception of a couple songs and Gilby re-recording Izzy's parts. It was likely becoming clear everything was falling apart by then. Actually Duff and Slash's books seem to indicate it was already starting to unravel when getting the U YI albums done.