Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Found this gif on Instagram and remembered I always wanted to ask the more experienced: Is Izzy taking a pill or whatever before blowing a kiss? :question:  I'm pretty sure he does. I also saw the same movement on Juju Hounds gig which is wierd, because it's been said that he stayed sober after 1990. Right?

Hope someone here is as interested in this as me...? 

Maybe its candy or gum or one of those nicotine candies, he was singing in the juju hounds so he can't smoke time. I just think not sure tho.

44 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Dafuq:blink: 

That's the guitar pick on his hand. 

I know. To me it looks like he puts something in his nose before blowing the kiss. :shrugs:

4 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

I thought he was just (awkwardly) wiping his nose. I've seen people who do (or did) coke that make that kind of face...:shrugs:

Yeah, right, that's possible.

Thanks guys. 

Found a reference to the dog bite incident, taken from the Muscian 1992:

It seemed like a good idea at the time--saying hello to his father's dog chained there in the front yard. His affections enhanced by a goodly portion of brew, Izzy Stradlin leaned over and bared his teeth in a big smile. The dog in turn put his teeth through Izzy's face. It was a bad omen for Stradlin's flight to Phoenix later that day. Sitting in his airplane seat, with a hole through his nostril and another hole through his eyebrow, he couldn't figure it out. He was playing rhythm guitar for the world's biggest rock 'n' roll band, Guns N' Roses, who were about to play Los Angeles with the former world's biggest rock 'n' roll band, the Rolling Stones. No musician could hope for greater success.
And yet...his luck was growing inexplicably worse. He summoned the one proven method for dealing with such cruel irony: double Bacardi and Cokes, of which he downed several while smoking and enlightening the attendants with detailed critiques of their service. Days later, he would find himself wishing that someone had just hit him, adding a black eye to his mangled features, adding a little more throb in his skull. As it was, he answered the call of nature. Finding the lavator- ies occupied, he drained his nature in a trash bin in full view of a stewardess. Nothing was said at the time, so Stradlin returned to his seat where he passed out until touchdown. Exiting the plane, he was suddenly surrounded by 12 cops and arrested. Thus another set of head- lines for Guns N' Roses and another year of probation for Izzy Strad- lin, who'd pretty much had his fill of probation from a drug bust in the mid-80's.

So it actually happened earlier than I thought and not befor they toured Japen. The only pictures I can find from the time his features don't look too mangled to me. 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Well, that pic is from the shows with the Stones. October, I think. So the pic was after the plane incident and he was already on probation and trying to stay as clean as possible. I guess that's why he looks better.

The tour in Japan was December 88. So it was waaay before the dog bite/plane incident.

Edited by kkferro72

2 minutes ago, kkferro72 said:

Well, that pic is from the shows with the Stones. October, I think. So the pic was after the plane incident and he was already on probation and trying to stay as clean as possible. I guess that's why he looks better.

OK I took the article to literally mean he was on aeroplane to go play at a Stones gig, Ha :facepalm:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Archtop said:

It seemed like a good idea at the time--saying hello to his father's dog chained there in the front yard. His affections enhanced by a goodly portion of brew, Izzy Stradlin leaned over and bared his teeth in a big smile. The dog in turn put his teeth through Izzy's face. It was a bad omen for Stradlin's flight to Phoenix later that day. Sitting in his airplane seat, with a hole through his nostril and another hole through his eyebrow, he couldn't figure it out. He was playing rhythm guitar for the world's biggest rock 'n' roll band, Guns N' Roses, who were about to play Los Angeles with the former world's biggest rock 'n' roll band, the Rolling Stones. No musician could hope for greater success.
And yet...his luck was growing inexplicably worse. He summoned the one proven method for dealing with such cruel irony: double Bacardi and Cokes, of which he downed several while smoking and enlightening the attendants with detailed critiques of their service. Days later, he would find himself wishing that someone had just hit him, adding a black eye to his mangled features, adding a little more throb in his skull. As it was, he answered the call of nature. Finding the lavator- ies occupied, he drained his nature in a trash bin in full view of a stewardess. Nothing was said at the time, so Stradlin returned to his seat where he passed out until touchdown. Exiting the plane, he was suddenly surrounded by 12 cops and arrested. Thus another set of head- lines for Guns N' Roses and another year of probation for Izzy Strad- lin, who'd pretty much had his fill of probation from a drug bust in the mid-80's.

So it actually happened earlier than I thought and not befor they toured Japen. The only pictures I can find from the time his features don't look too mangled to me. 

image.jpeg

Thank you for finding that! Interesting chain of events for him at that time. He looks really good in that pic, clear and healthy. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kris_1989 said:

...isn't that a beer in his hands though? :lol: I think I read that the stones gig was the last time he drank so he wasn't sober just yet in that pic.

Yep. I read that too somewhere. I believe he was clean from drugs but not sober yet. :shrugs:

1 minute ago, Kris_1989 said:

...isn't that a beer in his hands though? :lol: I think I read that the stones gig was the last time he drank so he wasn't sober just yet in that pic.

3 minutes ago, Tombstoneflavor said:

Thank you for finding that! Interesting chain of events for him at that time. He looks really good in that pic, clear and healthy. 

He looks great but I read the same story @Kris_1989 read, apparently. Izzy though is someone who looks great even though when he was using. He does look really high and out of it on some fotos but less than I would think a heavy drug user would look like.

In his sober times on the other hand, with Juju's for example, he does look exhausted, worn and tired skin, dark lines and rings under his eyes... Like someone who at least is smoking to much weed. So somehow I'm not able to tell with Izzy. He doesn't look like real life - in any condition :lol:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I've read that story before. Best (or worst?) part for me was the 12 cops... really? 12 cops for a guy who looked like he weighed 100 pounds in wet clothes.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I've read that story before. Best (or worst?) part for me was the 12 cops... really? 12 cops for a guy who looked like he weighed 100 pounds in wet clothes.  

Who knows what was the story the stewardess told. They might not have a clue what they woud have to face.

BTW, am I too weird for envy the stewardess that witnessed Izzy's "criminal behavior"? :ph34r:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kkferro72 said:

Who knows what was the story the stewardess told. They might not have a clue what they woud have to face.

BTW, am I too weird for envy the stewardess that witnessed Izzy's "criminal behavior"? :ph34r:

That's exactly where my mind went when I read that part, "man, I wish I could have been that stewardess!" :lol: Glad I'm not the only one! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kkferro72 said:

You could be right about that. Maybe she told them that they had a member of world's most dangerous band on the plane. That sounds threatening.

4 minutes ago, kkferro72 said:

No you're not. ;)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kkferro72 said:

I know right? I often wish that a super hot man will come to my place of business, verbally assault me, and then take his dick out and piss in front of the people I'm trying to take care of.  Only if he's hot, though.

• Like 1