RIP Butch Trucks Allman Brothers

classicrawker

I am a big fan of the Allman Brothers..Butch was the glue that held that band together in the later years..........I wore out several copies of the Allman Brothers Fillmore East live album one of the greatest live albums of all time................this one hurts.......

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/butch-trucks-allman-brothers-founding-member-dead-at-69-w462870

• Like 1

So sad. I was born in Macon, GA in a hospital right cross from the old Capricorn Records, their old label. I grew up listening to them. I saw that Gregg Allman is not taking this well at all. With his health issues, it worries me. RIP Butch Trucks... hopefully you can put together a band in heaven, Duane Allman, Berry Oakley, plus several of the guys from Lynyrd Skynyrd are up there with you, including my dear friend, Ean Evans.  :(

32 minutes ago, moreblack said:

What could possibly be so bad that he decided that was his only choice?

Thought about that when I read the article. Mostly sounds like financial stuff, owing money, having to sell this to get out of that.

Now me, I never had money, I've always had to work and hustle just to make it through week to week. So my thought is, fuck it, sell it, let them take it, make a move, whatever it takes to get by.

So maybe it's a matter of people with money and are used to having money, it hits them differently if they go broke or have to struggle. Like they can't deal? I don't know, I just hate he felt he had to go out like that.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Thought about that when I read the article. Mostly sounds like financial stuff, owing money, having to sell this to get out of that.

Now me, I never had money, I've always had to work and hustle just to make it through week to week. So my thought is, fuck it, sell it, let them take it, make a move, whatever it takes to get by.

So maybe it's a matter of people with money and are used to having money, it hits them differently if they go broke or have to struggle. Like they can't deal? I don't know, I just hate he felt he had to go out like that.

Butch was a recovering alcoholic so he had his demons............

• Like 1

On 1/27/2017 at 0:33 PM, J Dog said:

I'm sure he did. I was just more or less going by that article you posted. In any event, I hate it. RIP.

suicide scares me. i have been throught a LOT of things in my life and i have to admit it has crossed my mind more than once. then when i almost died i had a weird experience, i was in the recovery room but i swore i thought i was dead and all i could think of was i thought i'd be ok with this ( i had sepsis and three times they told my family i was going to die, they thought i was too sick and drugged to hear ) but i was so not.

whatever he was going through i can't help but think as he realized he was dying did he have these thoughts? :( God Bless his soul...