Locomotive live from the Use Your Illusion tour

3 hours ago, fernomenoyde said:

I've heard Locomotive and i said "we need a remaster". This is just a work in progress because the only source i have is the video posted above, but if you have a FLAC version please, post a link.

Here is a sample, you can hear first the original audio and then the work in progress remaster:

I did a remaster and i think it's a pretty decent one

• Like 3

15 hours ago, zombux said:

the Shoreline Amphitheatre performance of Locomotive is just mindblowing! one of my most favourite bootlegs ever. and what's even more mindblowing - this was the first ever public performance of the song, still way before the UYI albums were released. this is truly a gem!

You want to talk about poor timing. There were two shows at Shoreline in 1991 on back-to-back nights and I attended the 2nd show when they didn't play it! Though, admittedly, the albums hadn't been released yet and it was much, much harder to find bootleg releases back then so I didn't even know or would have recognized the song even if they had played it.

I do remember PERFECT CRIME because they opened the show with it, and others such as LIVE and LET DIE, DON'T CRY, NOVEMBER RAIN and YOU COULD BE MINE. But most the UYI songs were unknown to us fans during that tour. That show was the very first time I heard many of those tunes.

Edited by thunderram

9 minutes ago, thunderram said:

There were two shows at Shoreline in 1991 on back-to-back nights and I attended the 2nd show when they didn't play it! Though, admittedly, the albums hadn't been

Nightrain from the 2nd night is awesome and my favorite live version

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FRANSAD said:

Nightrain from the 2nd night is awesome and my favorite live version

That show was so long ago, that I wouldn't have been able to tell ya that it was from my show unless someone told me :) It is a good version, for sure. Although I had forgotten how raspy and scratchy AXL's voice sounded that night before hearing it. I only attended 3 shows back in 1991-1993, but he sounded different in each one. I always tell people that haven't seen them that YMMV.

On 11/9/2017 at 3:21 PM, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

This version is played a bit too fast for my liking but it's still great, one of my favourite UYI tracks.  Axl's vocals though...fuck, he wasn't messin' around that night.  Awesome to hear.

I've been wishing for ages that they would play an instrumental of Locomotive similar to Paris 92 jam with Jeff Beck.  It would give Axl a break, is up-tempo enough to keep the crowd happy and has ample scope for soloing/extended jam sessions. 

You know what, that’s not a bad idea actually. It would be awesome if during slash solo part, they play an instrumental version of one of the gnr songs such as locomotive or maybe even the garden of eden. I recently saw Metallica and they had a solo spot where Kirk and Robert played an instrumental version of I disappear and Robert played anesthesia (pulling teeth) during his bass solo.

Edited by Bailey96