US

Saw the preview to "US". It's from the Peele director who did "Get out".

I tell you this movie looks so damn creepy. The more I see the scenes, the more I want to see it, but then again, not sure if I'll be able to sleep.

It's like when I first saw "The Ring" couldn't sleep for days, but now I'm okay. lol

Anyway, looks like Peele has another winner on his hands and more nightmares for anyone who sees this movie. I think it's coming out soon.

Yeah, it looks super creepy!

Peele used to do Mad TV. There is something creepy about a sketch comic jumping to full on horror. Something about how it destroys artifice and reminds of the usually contained full range of the human mind. He's married to one of my favourite comics, Chelsea Peretti. She's got weirdo mind-fuck vibes. I dont really know how to express myself, but I would be terrified to spend a quiet night in with them in their home, lol.

• 2 months later...

didn't get to see it, but my friend did.

Because of all the damn previews I was able to guess one twist and she told me I was right. She did like the movie a lot.

Peele is becoming one of the best horror directors out there! Good for him. It's about time someone came up with different horror movies that actually make you think!

15 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

It was good and well done; Makes me look forward to what Peele will do in the future.

It didn’t resonate with me as much as Get Out did though, and unfortunately I had some idiots in my theater that ruined some moments of the movie for me due to their antics.

Still though, recommended.

Damn I hate that. I've been to a few R rated horror movies where kids sneaked in and did it loudly! lol Dummies. Anyway, I did report them and got them removed.

Maybe you can see it again in a quieter theatre. lol Anyway, I think this movie needs to be seen a few times to realize all the twists and turns of it. If I can't get to the movies, I will definitely buy it on blue ray.

I also loved Get out, but did guess some things about that movie too. I've been watching horror movies for a long time, so I can usually see something early on.

I tell you, I just watched "Searching" on cable and didn't see those twists and turns coming in the last half an hour. I love it when they can shock me!

I think this guy, Peele, is better at setting up a mood then he is telling a satisfying story.

He approaches things from bizzare angles and definitely has imagination, but in the case of this film, he went too far with the story.

Once it becomes aparent that there’s a bunch of these bizzaro doppelgängers out there - one for each person - the story isn’t as spooky or personal. I didn’t like the cultural revolution aspect - I actually would have preferred it had these things never spoken or had real motivations. 

It ended up reminding me of Shamalyn and how needlessly far he takes his stories. 

Edited by appetite4illusions

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 1:42 PM, appetite4illusions said:

I think this guy, Peele, is better at setting up a mood then he is telling a satisfying story.

He approaches things from bizzare angles and definitely has imagination, but in the case of this film, he went too far with the story.

Once it becomes aparent that there’s a bunch of these bizzaro doppelgängers out there - one for each person - the story isn’t as spooky or personal. I didn’t like the cultural revolution aspect - I actually would have preferred it had these things never spoken or had real motivations. 

It ended up reminding me of Shamalyn and how needlessly far he takes his stories. 

I was thinking the same thing when I heard about the movie. I thought of M too.

From what I've heard about the movie, I have many questions about it? Guess I will see it on blue ray and figure them out for myself.

At least, Peele is trying to make different horror movies.