Jump to content

Acid Roundtrip - new stuff


Recommended Posts

Hey all. I just finished a new album from a side project called Acid Roundtrip. This was something I started back in late 1996 and it used to be all sampled based. The AcidTapes is a compilation of 2 demo tapes I did which thankfully I saved before it became lost. In 2004 I did a proper debut called Abstract Thought Process and again using samples. I tried to do another one in 2007 but I got tired of sampling other people's shit. This 3rd go around it's still sampled based but it's stuff I sampled from my own creations. If you're into psychedelic ambient and drone, this may be up your alley. There's no deeper meaning than something to listen to while fucked up. Headphones are suggested but not required. Enjoy.

https://acidroundtrip.bandcamp.com/album/acid-roundtrip

a2877182611_10.jpg

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/28/2021 at 7:27 PM, Jabberwocky said:

Hey all. I just finished a new album from a side project called Acid Roundtrip. This was something I started back in late 1996 and it used to be all sampled based. The AcidTapes is a compilation of 2 demo tapes I did which thankfully I saved before it became lost. In 2004 I did a proper debut called Abstract Thought Process and again using samples. I tried to do another one in 2007 but I got tired of sampling other people's shit. This 3rd go around it's still sampled based but it's stuff I sampled from my own creations. If you're into psychedelic ambient and drone, this may be up your alley. There's no deeper meaning than something to listen to while fucked up. Headphones are suggested but not required. Enjoy.

https://acidroundtrip.bandcamp.com/album/acid-roundtrip

a2877182611_10.jpg

Hey man, that was some ambient stuff right there. I really liked it, I can see it as an intro or a prelude at a show. It also kind of reminded me of the music used during the masked orgy in Eyes Wide Shut. Very cool.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2021 at 2:17 PM, lame ass security said:

Hey man, that was some ambient stuff right there. I really liked it, I can see it as an intro or a prelude at a show. It also kind of reminded me of the music used during the masked orgy in Eyes Wide Shut. Very cool.

Thanks man :) I've played some of it to some online friends and was told that it sounds very cinematic. That wasn't what I was going for but it's appreciated. As much as I love to do the whole one man and his guitar thing, I fucking love doing sound art and sound design. Now that I'm not using somebody else's shit (it's still sampling but I'm sampling my own stuff) and having tracks that are self-indulgent 10+ minute long pieces, I can trim all of that fat off that I want.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I imagine this would be best when listened to in the throws of an actual acid trip! Some nice ambience/soundscapes going on here @Jabberwocky; I remember listening to DJ Shadow's Endtroducing when on acid, it was quite an experience - I "remember" the end of a song having the sound of a train approaching and a guy's voice saying "it's happening again. It is happening again" not sure if it's actually on the record. Got a feeling this record could help create similar memories! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2021 at 1:12 PM, SoundOfAGun said:

I imagine this would be best when listened to in the throws of an actual acid trip! Some nice ambience/soundscapes going on here @Jabberwocky; I remember listening to DJ Shadow's Endtroducing when on acid, it was quite an experience - I "remember" the end of a song having the sound of a train approaching and a guy's voice saying "it's happening again. It is happening again" not sure if it's actually on the record. Got a feeling this record could help create similar memories! 

Thanks Chief. You know I've never dropped acid to any of the tracks. I already knows what's going through my own head when I create this stuff so I can't figure what would happened THAT intense state LOL. I'm pretty 4:20 when I listen it to. Only track off of this I would get rid of is The Nightmare Hum. TOO busy and pitch shifted. But yeah man try it overall and lemme know how it goes LOL.

I don't remember that DJ Shadow track but there was one from The ORB that had the sound of a train, wheels screeching to a halt and somebody saying "Hold on wait a minute" The guy who is saying "it's happening again" isn't from this, by chance?
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

Thanks Chief. You know I've never dropped acid to any of the tracks. I already knows what's going through my own head when I create this stuff so I can't figure what would happened THAT intense state LOL. I'm pretty 4:20 when I listen it to. Only track off of this I would get rid of is The Nightmare Hum. TOO busy and pitch shifted. But yeah man try it overall and lemme know how it goes LOL.

I don't remember that DJ Shadow track but there was one from The ORB that had the sound of a train, wheels screeching to a halt and somebody saying "Hold on wait a minute" The guy who is saying "it's happening again" isn't from this, by chance?
 

 

I haven't tripped in 20 years, pushed it too far one time and saw the limits of my conscious being, the levels of reality that exist below and on the edge of our own and a space station. Decided to call it a day on the LSD after that. That video clip is the right voice I think!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...