Slash's best improv live?

Thunderquip

In my opinion this is the best he played 'this I love' live. He gave it some space and seemed to be feeling it, unlike what he usually does, which is to 'think' it and try and fit as many new little tricks he has leaned into it (probably to try and show that he is just as good as any technical shredder) but slash was always best when he played from the heart and I think these days he far too often just mails his solos in, rips of his latest little tricks and twiddly bits and then gives an interview saying 'yeah, we recorded the album in under a week, really quick! My solos are sloppy but totally from the heart and full of energy! Bullshit. He is just painting by numbers, anyway...

I'll make another thread about my thoughts there. What this thread is about is what do you think are his greatest moments live? I would like to make a collection of his best improvisations, because I know he still does produce the magic at times! 

CheerS!

9 hours ago, Thunderquip said:

In my opinion this is the best he played 'this I love' live. He gave it some space and seemed to be feeling it, unlike what he usually does, which is to 'think' it and try and fit as many new little tricks he has leaned into it (probably to try and show that he is just as good as any technical shredder) but slash was always best when he played from the heart and I think these days he far too often just mails his solos in, rips of his latest little tricks and twiddly bits and then gives an interview saying 'yeah, we recorded the album in under a week, really quick! My solos are sloppy but totally from the heart and full of energy! Bullshit. He is just painting by numbers, anyway...

I'll make another thread about my thoughts there. What this thread is about is what do you think are his greatest moments live? I would like to make a collection of his best improvisations, because I know he still does produce the magic at times! 

CheerS!

If you're looking for the best This I Love solo by Slash, I'd say it was from one of the very first shows that he played it in (8th April 2016 Las Vegas). 

If you're looking for his best live improv ever, I'd probably nominate Anastasia Sydney 2012 like @Free Bird said or his blues jam from Bruxelles 2012: 

That said, a lot of his live improv from UYI era is also amazing.