Appetite Vinyl Original Pressing

chicago appetite

Hey guys, what does “club edition” mean for this appetite vinyl?  I see discogs has that term also.  I found this record in mint condition with ghs24148.  Just want to make sure it’s an original pressing.  It’s not the original original with the original album cover though.  

this guy is asking $80 but I think it’s high

I believe "club edition" refers to those old "record club" deals you used to see in magazines and on late-night TV....."Join the club, buy 12 albums for just ONE PENNY!"  That kind of crap.

Columbia, BMG, for example.  If you're not around 40 or over, you probably have NO idea what the hell I'm talking about....

They're legit copies, it just meant they were mail order and not bought in stores, and somewhere on the packaging or the LP/disc itself it'll have the name or logo of the club.

My copy of LIES is a Club edition.  I had no idea until recently.  I bought it cheap as hell in the mid 90s when GNR wasn't "hot" anymore.  I grabbed the TSI? orange vinyl at the same record store.  Turns out my LIES was Canadian and one of those Club editions.  I don't mind though...it has the "uncensored" cover, so I was thrilled, especially at the price I paid!

https://www.discogs.com/release/8171544-Guns-N-Roses-G-N-R-Lies

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

I believe "club edition" refers to those old "record club" deals you used to see in magazines and on late-night TV....."Join the club, buy 12 albums for just ONE PENNY!"  That kind of crap.

Columbia, BMG, for example.  If you're not around 40 or over, you probably have NO idea what the hell I'm talking about....

They're legit copies, it just meant they were mail order and not bought in stores, and somewhere on the packaging or the LP/disc itself it'll have the name or logo of the club.

My copy of LIES is a Club edition.  I had no idea until recently.  I bought it cheap as hell in the mid 90s when GNR wasn't "hot" anymore.  I grabbed the TSI? orange vinyl at the same record store.  Turns out my LIES was Canadian and one of those Club editions.  I don't mind though...it has the "uncensored" cover, so I was thrilled, especially at the price I paid!

https://www.discogs.com/release/8171544-Guns-N-Roses-G-N-R-Lies

I'm pretty sure mine is also a club edition, but a different version than yours. Mine has more writing on the label and no barcode on the back. https://www.discogs.com/release/5511959-Guns-N-Roses-G-N-R-Lies

Agreed that AFD isn't worth $80. @chicago appetite your best option is probably getting a repress (like this one) and occasionally checking record stores/fairs or ebay/discogs for a better price on an old copy.

13 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm pretty sure mine is also a club edition, but a different version than yours. Mine has more writing on the label and no barcode on the back. https://www.discogs.com/release/5511959-Guns-N-Roses-G-N-R-Lies

Agreed that AFD isn't worth $80. @chicago appetite your best option is probably getting a repress (like this one) and occasionally checking record stores/fairs or ebay/discogs for a better price on an old copy.

Yeah, I asked if he was set on $80 and he said no way is he taking less lol.  I won’t pay that thiugh

• Like 1