What's Something Axl Gets Shit For That You Back Him On?

13 hours ago, willl said:

His weight.

I've never once considered Axl to be even slightly overweight, dude has always just looked healthy to me. He may carry a bit more weight now that he's not 20 years old but he's never been overweight in my opinion.

Yeah, truthfully I find the weight comments to be super tasteless. It's wild that people say it so often and no one calls them out for being an asshole. So fucking what if he put on weight - he's 60. He's also by no means fat. I do think in 2011 he was out of shape to an unhealthy degree (and he clearly hadn't rehearsed), but 2016 on he's seemed fine.

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Sorry, but this one always astounds me. What does that make Sammy Hagar, Ann Wilson and Steven Tyler? Because they can't be human as they are all older and still singing their asses off WITH high ranges and aggressive styles.

None of them really compare to how Axl sings though. There's high ranges and agressive styles, and then there's what Axl did, which was completely different altogether.

The only person who really compares in my view – in terms of the transformation his voice goes through when singing – is Brian Johnson. But not only is he still trying to sing in that old way, he sounds absolutely shit these days. A perfect example for why preserving what's left is a much better idea than trying to use what's no longer there

1 hour ago, DoMw94 said:

None of them really compare to how Axl sings though. There's high ranges and agressive styles, and then there's what Axl did, which was completely different altogether.

The only person who really compares in my view – in terms of the transformation his voice goes through when singing – is Brian Johnson. But not only is he still trying to sing in that old way, he sounds absolutely shit these days. A perfect example for why preserving what's left is a much better idea than trying to use what's no longer there

Brian is 15yrs older, and he held it together right up until he lost his hearing there's probably a good 15yrs of touring on Axl. Furthermore, even now when Brian sings and he isn't what he was he is still (with closed eyes) recognizable as Brian Johnson. I cannot say that about Axl. Sometimes I hear Axl and If I wasn't watching him sing I'd never guess it was the real Axl. I care about being able to recognize the tone of the singer as it's kinda the most important component. Without it what exactly is left to salvage? Like you're saying save what he has now? What's left? A lowish register that suits 5 songs in the set. His high register and upper mid is gone, both areas where he sang all his major hits. Again... Nobody expects miracles. But if this is what's left then it is actually well past the time for preservation. 

• Like 1