Titanic sub video days before accident

I dont normally post non GNR stuff here but I was stunned by what I saw in this video. If i'm reading this right the guy in charge seemed to ask passengers for help with the sub in the afternoon & even used them for visual comunication to the diver. I am flabergasted by that. If this were a space shuttle or even a plane and any of you were passengers, how would you feel if you were asked to get involved in those aspects?

I believe it was part of the marketing that the paying customers would get to be involved. I don't think it was hidden until they got there or anything. It may sound crazy but I think it was all marketed as part of the experience over the last couple of years since these dives began. They had this big mission to document the wreck yearly. Get one OceanGate employee on board, one Titanic expert, and three paying customers who effectively fund the expedition. Get those customers involved in operations and there you have it. All supposed to be part of the fun I suppose.

I know much is being made of the questionable construction of the submersible at this point, but interestingly they have provided some truly amazing footage of the wreck. It was on these OceanGate expeditions that we were given the first 4K look at the ship (not counting James Cameron's recent 4K transfer of the 1997 film, although there was quite a bit of model shots mixed with real wreck footage).

• 2 weeks later...