Guns N'Roses predictions that turned out to be right? 😀

11 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

It's just a simple structure, I don't see anything wrong with it. It even changes the chords - and the mood -, acting more like a bridge, but giving a break for the busy vocals. The song is straight forward, and doesn't overstate its welcome. It really has no other place for a solo than the middle. I just don't see anything so unusual to that, or to be compared to the Chinese Democracy stuff because of that.

I can only speak for myself, obviously, but I think on Perhaps the verses are long with a short chorus, that's common, but the difference in length between the verses and chorus and then a short solo makes it kinda messy, it's not something that takes me out of it or a big deal and that's the best way I can attempt to explain that.

agreed about it being a simple and straight forward tune, but maybe it could have used another part to make it feel more complete, but I also like it the way it is, both leak and official versions.

edit: I also think it depends on the song, some tunes can get away with shit that's not supposed to work for example. Perhaps feels like it needed more work imho, but again, I think it's still good as it is.

Edited by Rovim

55 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I can only speak for myself, obviously, but I think on Perhaps the verses are long with a short chorus, that's common, but the difference in length between the verses and chorus and then a short solo makes it kinda messy, it's not something that takes me out of it or a big deal and that's the best way I can attempt to explain that.

agreed about it being a simple and straight forward tune, but maybe it could have used another part to make it feel more complete, but I also like it the way it is, both leak and official versions.

edit: I also think it depends on the song, some tunes can get away with shit that's not supposed to work for example. Perhaps feels like it needed more work imho, but again, I think it's still good as it is.

Not sure, I would take advantage of Slash willingness to noodling and let him do it whatever in an extended outro. Nothing long like TWAT, but in the same vein.

• Like 1