Guns N'Roses predictions that turned out to be right? 😀

13 minutes ago, Giblet said:

Who gives a shit about if your prediction turned out right? Tons of fucking morons make predictions all the time, the law of averages is on all of these idiots sides. 

"Oh I predicted!"

Ok, Nostradamus, go make some money from your ability.

This is just a lighthearted thread.

47 minutes ago, Carlson-online said:

its been 14 years of silence, it's been 14 years of hurt.....

I also found it interesting that it took exactly 14 years between The Spaghetti Incident and Chinese Democracy and 15  years between Chinese Democracy and today.  😏🤔

18 hours ago, Nintari said:

Correct! Post amended!

I'm shocked that Izzy wrote Pretty Tied Up. 😳😱 Pretty Tied Up is kind of a raunchy, SM, 50 Shades Of Gray type of song, it's a song about a kinky Dominatrix, something you'd think AXL would write, not Izzy who often wrote more melancholy, heartfelt songs ..🤔

Edited by Karice
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Karice said:

I'm shocked that Izzy wrote Pretty Tied Up. 😳😱 Pretty Tied Up is kind of a raunchy, SM, 50 Shades Of Gray type of song, it's a song about a kinky Dominatrix, something you'd think AXL would write, not Izzy who often wrote more melancholy, heartfelt songs ..🤔

Bad Obsession and Double Talkin' Jive truly are real tear jerkers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/12/2023 at 11:39 AM, Giblet said:

Who gives a shit about if your prediction turned out right? Tons of fucking morons make predictions all the time, the law of averages is on all of these idiots sides. 

"Oh I predicted!"

Ok, Nostradamus, go make some money from your ability.

I bet you're fun at parties...

1 hour ago, JAxlMorrison said:

I predicted after DJ released his “I’m leaving” announcement that slash and duff would return, and that fortus and Frank would remain. Got Pittman wrong though. 

I'm glad your prediction was right. 😀 Slash and Duff are Guns N'Roses Royalty and it's great they not only came back but are still there to this day. 😀 In 2016, at least one Guns N'Roses Fan predicted that Slash and Duff would come back for only 2016 and then permanently leave again. Thank God that wasn't the case at all. 😀

Edited by Karice

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I predicted people were overreacting about Perhaps not being released last Friday. Also predicted yesterday that as soon it would be released, it would have a lot of people already trashing it and quoting "regular people" as representative of general public's opinion.

Hmm. You are onto something. Quite a lot of Fans love Perhaps.😀  The Axl Rose/Guns N'Roses Critics are the ones who hate it. 🤔

40 minutes ago, Karice said:

Hmm. You are onto something. Quite a lot of Fans love Perhaps.😀  The Axl Rose/Guns N'Roses Critics are the ones who hate it. 🤔

I don't know, I think people are overly critical here too. I've even seen people criticizing it by having a solo after the 1st chorus - I mean, SCOM must be an unknown song. 

4 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I don't know, I think people are overly critical here too. I've even seen people criticizing it by having a solo after the 1st chorus - I mean, SCOM must be an unknown song. 

first solo after the first SCOM chorus is 1 of 3 solos, and compared to the main solo it's like a mini solo with a catchy melody. To my ears the flow is much better compared to Perhaps, perfect really.

I don't mind the structure of Perhaps, but I can understand why for some the solo comes too early.

7 minutes ago, Rovim said:

first solo after the first SCOM chorus is 1 of 3 solos, and compared to the main solo it's like a mini solo with a catchy melody. To my ears the flow is much better compared to Perhaps, perfect really.

I don't mind the structure of Perhaps, but I can understand why for some the solo comes too early.

It's just a simple structure, I don't see anything wrong with it. It even changes the chords - and the mood -, acting more like a bridge, but giving a break for the busy vocals. The song is straight forward, and doesn't overstate its welcome. It really has no other place for a solo than the middle. I just don't see anything so unusual to that, or to be compared to the Chinese Democracy stuff because of that.