Are the 2022 illusion vinyl remasters better sounding than the original vinyls?

On 12/9/2023 at 6:27 AM, Kelmi said:

Received my vinyl boxset today. Bluray audio quality is super awesome! Will listen to the vinyls next

Received my vinyl set today. Will get stuck into this over the weekend. Thanks again to @Kelmi for the heads up. Just under 120 euros including shipping from Finland to Singapore!!! What a bargain!🙏🙏🙏

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Last weekend I started listening the box set and found out that Use Your Illusion II had two copies of Disc 2s but no Disc 1. Today I went to the local Äx store and cashier told that it's a know issue, apparently record labels fault. He then ordered me a new version of the box set (for free) and I will give them back this one in change. New one is supposed to arrive sometime next week.

Anyone else had this problem? 

• Wow 1

On 1/12/2024 at 7:45 PM, tboneman said:

Last weekend I started listening the box set and found out that Use Your Illusion II had two copies of Disc 2s but no Disc 1. Today I went to the local Äx store and cashier told that it's a know issue, apparently record labels fault. He then ordered me a new version of the box set (for free) and I will give them back this one in change. New one is supposed to arrive sometime next week.

Anyone else had this problem? 

My vinyls were the correct ones, but a few of them had "scrappy" or "sharp" edges. Apparently its a sign of poor quality control at the vinyl plant. But they sound fine and dont cause sonic issues, its just when you handle your vinyl you need to keep sharp edges in mind.

• Wow 1