Are the 2022 illusion vinyl remasters better sounding than the original vinyls?

I bought the CDs in 1991 and wish I bought the records, and held off on reissues because I figured they would get a deluxe redo eventually.  I've had to buy new CDs over the years, and have downloaded the MP3s various times. While I don't listen to the new 2022 records often because they're too difficult to get out of the package with my recent shoulder injury (which coincidentally happened right around the time i got the records and tried to open them, lol!), I really like how they sound. There seems to be a lot more background vocal prominence and other guitar and piano sounds that I didn't hear before, and they're just remastered, not even remixed....save for November Rain.

There is a bunch of static in the first few songs of each side heard on each revolution and i don't know the best way to clean that up without making a mistake, because I make those all the time.

I'm gonna listen to them now

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, Locomotive98 said:

Says its out of stock. Are they reliable? That price is a steal.

For me it says that they have the boxsets at suplier stock and delivery time is 5 to 10 days. 

Yes they are 100% reliable company. I have bought from them many times over the last 10 years. 

On 11/24/2023 at 6:55 AM, Locomotive98 said:

Says its out of stock. Are they reliable? That price is a steal.

On 11/24/2023 at 6:39 AM, Kelmi said:

Buying that would finnish off my collection, I'm finnished buying from vendors I've never used before.

• Haha 2

Levykauppa äx store has issued a statement. It was an pricing error and they made 170 euros loss per sold boxset. They sold 200 of the vinyl and cd boxes combined. Total they made a loss of 35 000 euros :D

BUT THE GOOD NEWS they will honor the price that they sold the boxsets so they will send them to each one who made the order!! Yey

Edited by Kelmi
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Kelmi said:

Levykauppa äx store has issued a statement. It was an pricing error and they made 170 euros loss per sold boxset. They sold 200 of the vinyl and cd boxes combined. Total they made a loss of 35 000 euros :D

BUT THE GOOD NEWS they will honor the price that they sold the boxsets so they will send them to each one who made the order!! Yey

When something seems to good to be true, it usually is 😄

Have you got a link to the statement?

On 12/4/2023 at 2:29 PM, jackparker123 said:

My CD boxset arrived today to the UK. Surprisingly I didn't even get stung with import tax, must have slipped through the net at customs.

At £70 posted this was a crazy deal, it's still £180 on Amazon, which was way out of my price range.

Thanks @Kelmi for the heads up!

Lucky you! Mine hasnt even beent sent yet 😁