Appetite For Democracy CD?

20 hours ago, DSTK said:

The whole show including that track was played on sky arts here in the UK...downloaded it from TV to usb 

Oh really? I watched that a while back on Sky Arts and totally didn't notice it had an extra song on it! 

Weird as usually they edit stuff from the DVDs to show on Sky Arts rather than the other way around. Were there any other notable differences? 

21 minutes ago, General2112 said:

I put it on my Apple Music last night and listened to it this morning. What an epic concert. I wish I had more GNR live stuff. I recently added the London 91 EP to my Apple Music. This had two of my favorite things The Seeker and Another Brick In The Wall. So many great songs. I’ll have to watch the blu ray at some point

Have you got the ability to watch it in 3D? As that takes it to a next level....worth a watch! Well shot. Weird Vegas effects as previously mentioned a few times though 🎸😝

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Oh really? I watched that a while back on Sky Arts and totally didn't notice it had an extra song on it! 

Weird as usually they edit stuff from the DVDs to show on Sky Arts rather than the other way around. Were there any other notable differences? 

Just that being included I think, was like last Christmas ish, or even maybe the one before 

1 hour ago, DSTK said:

Just that being included I think, was like last Christmas ish, or even maybe the one before 

Yeah I think that's when I watched it. I wasn't paying a huge amount of attention as I have it on DVD obviously, so sort of put it on in the background. 

I wonder why they left it off the DVD? 

7 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah I think that's when I watched it. I wasn't paying a huge amount of attention as I have it on DVD obviously, so sort of put it on in the background. 

Maybe royalties or something like it , remember that Slash only gave the go ahead for it if axl did for made in Stoke , whichever way round it was 

It's a decent cover anyway , the seeker is cool on there too 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Rights issue...Neil said no or was gonna charge a lot, apparently? 

Certainly wasn't a room on disc issue...

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Wonder how they (a simple TV channel) got a clearance for that and GN'R didn't... Should be the other way around...

Oh and believe it or not, I think there's different protection rules in place for covering others material, etc. if you're on TV or live I think it's different to you actually selling a product with others material...making direct profit as oppose to fair use

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Rights issue...Neil said no or was gonna charge a lot, apparently? 

Certainly wasn't a room on disc issue...

To be honest , I don't think I was meant or allowed to record it either lol its just as clear a sound as the actual cd