Appetite For Democracy CD?

I remember seeing/reading/hearing that this also came out on CD, in some sort of special edition with the Blu Ray. Is this true? The only I got was just the Blu Ray, no CD. Every now and then I’ll search for it, to see if someone listed their  CD for sale somewheres, and I never have any luck. 

I have it on CD and bluray...plus I've a perfect version of Don't let it bring you down, which was played and left off the release,  shame it wasn't the shows with twat or Prostitute played...easy found to download if you look in the right places 

20 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

I remember seeing/reading/hearing that this also came out on CD, in some sort of special edition with the Blu Ray. Is this true? The only I got was just the Blu Ray, no CD. Every now and then I’ll search for it, to see if someone listed their  CD for sale somewheres, and I never have any luck. 

Yep. I own the BLU/CD combo. What you willing to part with? $$$ 😝

Nah, I guess it was a limited run....

Yeah, it only came in a package with the Blu Ray or DVD.

The best version of which was a US set which included the CDs in their own separate card case/digipack and also had a shirt in it.

Highly recommend that set. 😄

Edited by sploit

On 11/15/2023 at 12:37 AM, JAxlMorrison said:

I dunno, $20? 🤷‍♂️ 😏 

Check eBay, you could get it on there for around that, if you don't impulse and play the field for a few weeks...

Good luck.

It's actually a very decent product. The 3D is cool if you have a 3DBlu player. It's a fun gimmick and it's the closest you'll get to being at a GNR gig, not in person....

Axl sounds pretty good too...most songs are a good audio experience...

Edited by colonizedmind

39 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Check eBay, you could get it on there for around that, if you don't impulse and play the field for a few weeks...

Good luck.

It's actually a very decent product. The 3D is cool if you have a 3DBlu player. It's a fun gimmick and it's the closest you'll get to being at a GNR gig, not in person....

Axl sounds pretty good too...most songs are a good audio experience...

The 3D version was great, I remember I bought a 3D tv back then and the first thing I purchased was that Blu-ray.. caused a bit of a headache but well worth it 😂 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

It's full on Vegas with the floating Piano but hey, it IS Vegas, so....

I enjoyed it. I would of loved a proshot of the 2014 return, with the likes of Prosititute joining the set, etc.

Totally! I was at the last of the 2014 Vegas shows. Good stuff!

3 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

It's full on Vegas with the floating Piano but hey, it IS Vegas, so....

I enjoyed it. I would of loved a proshot of the 2014 return, with the likes of Prosititute joining the set, etc.

They should of had inflatable dolphins.

Also yes a 2014 release would have been great. The set was better and Axl sounded great at the end of the run

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Worst thing about it are the bizarre explosions they added in to the DVD digitally. They look so fake and utterly pointless. 

But yet soooo Vegas. They give me a good chuckle!  Remember it's a live disc with Ashba sticking the finger up at us every 5 minutes....so it adds to the charm looking back now that era has ended...I probably was more worried about that at the time....still the 3D is the most immersive, other than a VR experience I've had, at putting you between Axl and a couple of strippers! 

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I'd probably get this if they performed Shackler's Revenge. 

If you can catch one of DJ's picks, it's a bonus feature 😝

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2023 at 10:01 PM, colonizedmind said:

Enjoy. Chime in with your review/thoughts once you get round to it if you want.

I put it on my Apple Music last night and listened to it this morning. What an epic concert. I wish I had more GNR live stuff. I recently added the London 91 EP to my Apple Music. This had two of my favorite things The Seeker and Another Brick In The Wall. So many great songs. I’ll have to watch the blu ray at some point

• Like 2