Kid Kapichi

username

Lately I'm playing these guys on repeat. A lot. Not sure how, but I came accross one of their songs and it hit hard. They're very English and do an awesome mix of punk, hiphop, some metal and electronic influences too, Any fans around? Anybody who's seen them live? 

A few examples of what these guys do: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HC4KE339i0

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chorrada said:

I recently got into them as well. I've heard they are great live, and I'm going to see them on their upcoming tour. Really looking forward to it!

Yeah, I also bought tickets to see them in Amsterdam in April. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've discovered them as well a couple of weeks ago.

They said on the radio that Noel Gallagher (or was it Liam?) approved their stuff and I can see why, they sound like a modern Oasis at times.

The "Here's what you could have won" album is excellent. :)

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 2

On 1/25/2024 at 9:14 AM, El Guapo said:

I've discovered them as well a couple of weeks ago.

They said on the radio that Noel Gallagher (or was it Liam?) approved their stuff and I can see why, they sound like a modern Oasis at times.

The "Here's what you could have won" album is excellent. :)

That was Liam, yeah. And I can totally see why as well. They don't have the melodic strength of Oasis or anything, but the attitude is definitely very similar. 

The singles for the new album sound great so far too! Let's Get To Work and Tamagotchi are great songs. I've read it will be along the same lines as Here's What You Could Have Won. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2024 at 5:21 PM, Rindmelon said:

I will check this out next week. I do love the Neighborhood Watch inspired cover :lol:

I'm loving it! It took a few listens to really get into, but it's growing on me every time. It's pretty much a strong continuation of their previous ones. Artillery is a really cool opener. I'm loving Tamagotchi and Zombie Nation. Angeline is a very welcome bit of semi-comic relief. So is Subaru. Get Down and Let's Get To Work are very solid tracks and Jimi is just a really unexpected kind of song that ends the album well. Love the vibe of the whole thing. 

11 hours ago, The Black said:

Great great great band. Saw them live last summer at a festival and seeing them in April in a club. I'm sure they'll explode a bit more in Europe to festival main stages.

Awesome to hear! I'm seeing them this April in Amsterdam and I'm really excited for that. I really hope these guys make it bigger because they definitely deserve it. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 4:52 PM, username said:

Out since yesterday! ^_^ Any thoughts? 

I've listened to it only twice so far. Only really liked the singles and was a bit disappointed by the rest. Maybe it just needs some time. Still really looking forward to seeing them live next month though!

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, The Black said:

Oof, they are playing along to a tape and within the first song I noticed the singer miming a lyric in the microphone that was not heard.... Other songs did seem to be live though. 

Wasn't that Bob Vylan's verse in New England? I think they generally do that via tape.

14 hours ago, username said:

Wasn't that Bob Vylan's verse in New England? I think they generally do that via tape.

No, he lipsync'd/mimed the lyric "Like boom" very convincingly into the microphone during their first song "Artillery", but nothing was heard. It was very blatant.

Edited by The Black