Songs that make you wanna......

African Slash

The solo in Rest in Peace by Extreme is amazing, one of the best solos ever IMO.

Of course there is lots of GN'R stuff so I won't even bother with that.

Extreme... isn't that Gary Cherone's band before his brief stint in Van Halen?

Yes. Nuno Bettencourt was on lead guitars and he's regarded as a guitar god by a lot of people. I only know a handful of their songs but the ones I do know are very good. And the guitar work is great. I have the album Three Sides to Every Story. Haven't listened to it in ages but I think I'll fire it up one day soon to see what songs I like. Rest In Peace and Stop The World are two songs on that album and they are great.

i dont do guitar as much as much as drums and singing :unsure: my sis has caught me with both, drums to smells like teen spirit, (even people who dont like nirvana have 2 like that song somewhat) and singing twist and shout by the beatles, this ones funnier cuz i cant sing worth crap, but 4 guitar i like scom or my michelle, another good song is welcome home (sanitarium) by metallica, for all 3

• 7 years later...

Jesus, why did anybody dig up this 7 1/2 year old thread? I opened it and started reading and was shocked to see my own post, the second one in the thread. Then I realized it was from 2004. And then I read it. "Up for Breakfast" by Van Hagar? The fuck was I thinking man, I sound like a tool! :lol: I remember at that point though I had just gotten back from seeing the Van Hagar reunion and was really pumped about them.

Jesus, why did anybody dig up this 7 1/2 year old thread? I opened it and started reading and was shocked to see my own post, the second one in the thread. Then I realized it was from 2004. And then I read it. "Up for Breakfast" by Van Hagar? The fuck was I thinking man, I sound like a tool! :lol: I remember at that point though I had just gotten back from seeing the Van Hagar reunion and was really pumped about them.

I don't air guitar at all. I usually air drum. It's more involved and fun! I'll air drum to Appetite, anything by Rush or Maiden, and basically anything else I listen to. I suck at singing so sometimes I air sing too, that is, basically just mouth the words and pretend that my voice is the voice of the song. There, I admitted to it all.