CHICAGO 5 days!!

Ghost_Guns

WE didn't adopt anything... our name is america

Thats where i think you are wrong my friend.....

You country is not america. It is the UNited States of America.

And no, north america and south america werent named that because they were "north of the USA" and "south of the USA"

And what the fuck is all that shit about atmitting im wrong????

IM right! And until you find a logical and correct reason why i am wrong, then why would i atmit otherwise??

I mean you are all perfectly fine to say "yeah, gnrlies, your wrong" and "yeah, USA people are the only people named americans" But i mean do you have any reasons??? What do you base this on???

I can at least give you valid arguements as to what im saying, but you all seem to have problems....

And like i said, i have atmitted im wrong. I have given up so much turf to say that calling a canadian an american is not perhaps appropriate, but you people cannot give up on the technicality arguement which is more than perfectly plausable...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..  USA people are the only people named americans" But i mean do you have any reasons??? What do you base this on???..

Reality.  The facts. Something you refuse to face.

All of this started because you messed up when you wrongly thought Vancouver was part of the U.S. And you've been trying to dig yourself out of this hole ever since.  Here was your original quote:

MAN!

Sometimes you americans take things for granted...

I mean if there were anyway of us seeing them, me and Stupid Moron would be taking it in a second... Even if it means flying across the country!

In case you missed it -- you said "flying across the country" -- and guess what? Vancouver isn't in this country. It's in Canada.

And instead of just admitting you were wrong, you prefer instead to argue for SIX pages about it.

Ok, firstly, i have never thought that Vancouver was in the USA, and i wasn't even refering to canadians when i said that. I was saying that becuase someone had said somehting along the lines of "oh, gnr canceled some show and i cant go to it" and i was implying that if there was any possible chance of getting to a show, then yes, any measure would be taken, I.e. flying across the country...

And the thing with me saying "me and stupid moron would fly across the country" is that we live in Australia where there is subsequently no announced GNR tour. However, if they did come to australia, then we would fly all the way down to melbounre if they didn't stop in sydney (a long story, we were discuussing it on MSN like a couple nights earlier)

Of course i know that vancouver is in canada!

And what facts were you refering to that i refused to face???

But thats the thing... Perhaps this is the misunderstanding between me and everyone else here (yes? / No?) The USA isn't america.

The USA is a separate country in america... (america being north and south america in total)

If this is the source of our misunderstanding, then thats another thing to argue, which i will gladly do so (becuase the USA isn't america, its just in america)

But if this isn't a misunderstanding, and you agree that the USA isn't america, that its merely in america, then i will be just as happy to continue on the current line of debate.  ;)

put the North there you c@ck!!...If you talk about America..then no doubt people will think you are talking about The United States.  The United States of America is in North America.  Canada is in North America, Mexico is in North America.  NORTH NORTH NORTH...lol gotta have the NORTH.  You just can't say AMERICA..or you will be talking about The United States of America.  It just works that way.  I know..who makes these rules

G-Face

yes, but see thats where the generalisation and the technical sides mix...

Personally i would not call the USA america, because its not america. America is both north and south america...

However, i can see how many people within the USA refer to their country as america, but thats only a generalisation. Not a technical name...

America=Canada + USA + Mexico + Brazil + Argentina + Columbia + Chile+ Peru + Equador + etc etc

just like

Europe=France+Belgium+Italy+Greece+Spain+Germany+Yugoslavia+England+Norway+Finla

d+West Russia+etc etc

just like

Asia=China+India+Saudi Arabia+Russia+Afghanistan+Kazakstan+Pakistan+Vietnam+Singapore+Mogolia+etc etc

just like

Oceania= Australia + New Zealand + Tazmania + etc etc

just like

Africa=Egypt+Marocco+South Africa+Kenya+Algeria+Zimbabue+Kongo+Nigeria+etc etc

What's so hard to understand about this ?

Has anyone ever studied geography ,except using nationalistic argument ? this is not a matter of nationalism, itsa matter of geography and logic... the fact that we use the term "american" to describe usa citizens isn't nothing more than a convention ...

I think the latest stuff Holydiver and Gnrlies have been saying is correct.. Usa is a part of America..

However, Usa is just a longer form of America and that makes it hard for them to make their name any shorter without using America or Americans..

That dont suggest (i hope) that they think Usa is the whole America it only says that America is a part of their name and thats the best way to adress em..

Funny tread  ::)

I think the latest stuff Holydiver and Gnrlies have been saying is correct.. Usa is a part of America..

However, Usa is just a longer form of America and that makes it hard for them to make their name any shorter without using America or Americans..

That dont suggest (i hope) that they think Usa is the whole America it only says that America is a part of their name and thats the best way to adress em..

Funny tread  ::)

Exaclty! Thanks dude!~

I mean of course people in usa can have americans as their name, but that dont mean to say that other people living in america cannot technically be called this name, which was the only basis i was arguing this in the first place.

but why is the nortrh bit neccessary?

Gnrlies, you have to be the most inane and obtuse person I've ever seen on this forum (You'll probably need to look those words up in a dictionary - and when you do, don't question if the dictionary is really right).  

If this isn't the case, then you must just like to argue and are in a bid to make this the longest-running thread.

Either way .. let's move on.

Ok, so more uneducated people are having a say in this i see...  What you dont' seem to understand is, North America, Central America, And South America are all Proper Names... 'North'  is PART of the name... We are NOT the same as all of those other countries because Europe is not broken into parts like 'North Europe' 'South Europe'  'Up you butt Europe'  nor is Asia broken into 'North Asia'  'South Asia'  it IS NOT IN THEIR PROPER NAME.  

So, according to your crap logic we should be called "United States of Americans'  instead of 'Americans' for our proper name?  Go screw yourself you are the most insulting person I have ever met GnR lies...  Mr. gnrlies.... The continent is North America...  'United States of Americans' or whatever commie name you want to call us are 'North Americans'  Canadians are 'North American'  But the only people who are offically 'Americans' are people born in the United States of America!!!  Or people who have become citizens.. You still have not backed up your thoughts with any facts... all you can say is  'I'm right your wrong cause it says america in the name North America so you are all americans'  Man, your argument is WEAK.  Like I have said a million times, the term American is related to Citizenship.  When you become a citizen of the US you become an American Citizen.. Not a Canadian Citizen... This also comes with being  a North American... If you can't understand this, and do not see this, please don't EVER come to America or North America or anyting that says AMERICA because you are disrespecting this counrty and the Entire Continient.  It's one thing to have an opinion, but YOU ARE WRONG and you are disrespecting my country and many other countries... How would you like it if I said, hey I'm going to New Zeland and then fly to Syndney... it's the same thing here... You have no clue, you probably have never been 100 miles from your home town and you probably live int he Outback and get tought your Geography by kangaroo's... that's the ONLY way I can explain how rediculous your theory is.  

Thanks and have a nice day!   ;D

Yea I know but I got in on this thread kinda late ( 6 pgs in already  :D ) but I just hope to control it bfore it gets to out of hand like the last one  ;D . BTW I love the " I disrespect dirt " that's funny .

Peace GnR Nation  8)