CHICAGO 5 days!!

Ghost_Guns

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old GnR fans = New GnR Sucks , New GnR fans = Old GnR Sucks , Well if there was no Old GnR there'd be NO new GnR which means B-head still underground ( no that's not a bad thing ) So new GnR fans remeber that !

You're probably to stubborn or naive to care anyway ( not all of ya but there are a few )  Oh Well    F*ck it !  :P

Peace GnR nation  8)

lol.

Well at least it's a GNR argument, and it took people's attention off the old topic.  ;)

You know, I think Da is smarter than most people give him credit -- at least in this case.  

So, when do you get to see the New GnR?  I get to see them Dec 22nd in phoenix... getting giddy already  ;D

Ok, so more uneducated people are having a say in this i see...  What you dont' seem to understand is, North America, Central America, And South America are all Proper Names... 'North'  is PART of the name... We are NOT the same as all of those other countries because Europe is not broken into parts like 'North Europe' 'South Europe'  'Up you butt Europe'  nor is Asia broken into 'North Asia'  'South Asia'  it IS NOT IN THEIR PROPER NAME.  

So, according to your crap logic we should be called "United States of Americans'  instead of 'Americans' for our proper name?  Go screw yourself you are the most insulting person I have ever met GnR lies...  Mr. gnrlies.... The continent is North America...  'United States of Americans' or whatever commie name you want to call us are 'North Americans'  Canadians are 'North American'  But the only people who are offically 'Americans' are people born in the United States of America!!!  Or people who have become citizens.. You still have not backed up your thoughts with any facts... all you can say is  'I'm right your wrong cause it says america in the name North America so you are all americans'  Man, your argument is WEAK.  Like I have said a million times, the term American is related to Citizenship.  When you become a citizen of the US you become an American Citizen.. Not a Canadian Citizen... This also comes with being  a North American... If you can't understand this, and do not see this, please don't EVER come to America or North America or anyting that says AMERICA because you are disrespecting this counrty and the Entire Continient.  It's one thing to have an opinion, but YOU ARE WRONG and you are disrespecting my country and many other countries... How would you like it if I said, hey I'm going to New Zeland and then fly to Syndney... it's the same thing here... You have no clue, you probably have never been 100 miles from your home town and you probably live int he Outback and get tought your Geography by kangaroo's... that's the ONLY way I can explain how rediculous your theory is.  

Thanks and have a nice day!   ;D

Everyhitng in here makes sense..... and is a quite straight forward, and for that i congratulate you as being the first person to give me an actual arguement based on logic and facts rather than an arguement based on opinions and conventions. However you lose marks for deformalising the arguement and includiing perosnal references and pay outs of my country. If you didn't do this i would give you a 8/10, however i have to redcuce your mark to a 5/10.

Now i have something real to debate.

Ok, first of all yes, you are perfectly correct in saying that America is divided into two totally separate continents,  however the initial reason for that was as a result of the discovery of "the america's"  (there really is no need to go any further into this, as i am aware of the discovery of South America and north america separatley, however they are ajoined which then meant that they were part of that land mass and hence also named america yadyadyad.......) and then since the land mass was too great they formally divided it up into two, however it is still quite acceptable to refer to the whole land mass as "america". And as for your citizenship debate, well i have never argued that people in the USA arent officially called americans, but thats only for practicality purposes. But i hate to break the news to you, the USA dont make the rules! Just becuase they name themselves americans, doesn't mean that they exclusively own the right to that name and all other nations within america cannot call themselves by their tru and rightfull name ; americans.

One concept that might make it easier to understand is that when you look at one land mass, and then get the name that they get called, then all other political boundaries get separated. For example, if you take a US citizen living in California. If you look at their politican name from a state level, they are californians. If you look at their name from a national level, they are "americans" (yes, i actually agree with that! Based on what is stated on passports). If you look at it from the continental level, they are then subsequentially "North Americans" and then hence, if you are looking at it from the ideal of the land mass that they are apart of, then you also call them "americans". This means that for anyone living on the land mass "america" then they can rightfully adopt the technical name "americans"

This same principle can also apply for people living in other area's of the world....

For example, people living in europe and asia live on one land mass called "eurasia" (yes that actually exists, i didn't make it up!). People in both asia and europe can technically be refered to as "eurasians".

Another example, people living in australia, new zealand, fiji, tonga, new caledonia, are a part of the land mass known as "oceania" (oceiania is not a continent, it is in fact a region based on land mass). Now myself living in australia, can also be referred to as oceanian.

Now i cant say ive ever been called that, but if someone was to call me that, i could not say that they were calling me an incorrect name. Just as i was mistakenly pulled up (even though i didn't even intentially mean to do so) for calling a canadian an american becuause they live on the land mass known as america.

I think for all of you in here, the confusion lies between the name that you government gives you on a national level, and the name that such people living in north and south america can be given on the land mass level.

Once again i congratulate Mr Sparkle for giving me something a little more intellectually stimulating to talk about, hoever once again, the unprofessioanlism and informal nature of his response does scar his response...

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to read my reply, and hope the hear back from you soon...

(no, its not just you, i was speaking in a patronising manner, and can be bagged the hell out of for commiting such an atrocity) ;)

Everyhitng in here makes sense..... and is a quite straight forward, and for that i congratulate you as being the first person to give me an actual arguement based on logic and facts rather than an arguement based on opinions and conventions. However you lose marks for deformalising the arguement and includiing perosnal references and pay outs of my country. If you didn't do this i would give you a 8/10, however i have to redcuce your mark to a 5/10.

Oh boy.

Being graded by someone who likes to re-invent his own personal version of geography and history.  

Can't wait to hear Mr. Sparkle's response.  ;D

... I think for all of you in here, the confusion lies between the name that you government gives you on a national level, and the name that such people living in north and south america can be given on the land mass level...

We were never confused. You were. You keep thinking that the term "North American" and "American" are interchangeable. They're not. People living in Canada will never be Americans (unless of course the U.S. invades Canada and takes it over and I haven't heard about that happening).  Get over it.

Wow... I cant believe that i spent about 15 mins of my life doing that...

Maan i am really sad...

:P :P :P :P :P :P

I totally agree.  :D ;D

well i thank you madison for taking the time to read my essay! For that your tops!

We were never confused. You were. You keep thinking that the term "North American" and "American" are interchangeable. They're not. People living in Canada will never be Americans (unless of course the U.S. invades Canada and takes it over and I haven't heard about that happening).  Get over it.

Hahaha! i have that covered Ms MadisoN!

One concept that might make it easier to understand is that when you look at one land mass, and then get the name that they get called, then all other political boundaries get separated. For example, if you take a US citizen living in California. If you look at their politican name from a state level, they are californians. If you look at their name from a national level, they are "americans" (yes, i actually agree with that! Based on what is stated on passports). If you look at it from the continental level, they are then subsequentially "North Americans" and then hence, if you are looking at it from the ideal of the land mass that they are apart of, then you also call them "americans". This means that for anyone living on the land mass "america" then they can rightfully adopt the technical name "americans"

This same principle can also apply for people living in other area's of the world....

For example, people living in europe and asia live on one land mass called "eurasia" (yes that actually exists, i didn't make it up!). People in both asia and europe can technically be refered to as "eurasians".

Another example, people living in australia, new zealand, fiji, tonga, new caledonia, are a part of the land mass known as "oceania" (oceiania is not a continent, it is in fact a region based on land mass). Now myself living in australia, can also be referred to as oceanian.  

Now i cant say ive ever been called that, but if someone was to call me that, i could not say that they were calling me an incorrect name. Just as i was mistakenly pulled up (even though i didn't even intentially mean to do so) for calling a canadian an american becuause they live on the land mass known as america.  

If you can argue your point based on the stimulus that i have given you then i would be glad to continue, but until then I have no reference point to reply to your comment.

In case none of you have noticed, i kinda like arguing, so i certainly am not going to stop and say "gees, im sorry, i was wrong" however i would gladly like to continue this with those who:

a) think that im an absolute arsehole and want to argue with me becuause you hate my guts

B) Genuinely disagree with my comments and want to express your opinions

c) are like me and also liek arguing for the sake of it

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh boy.  

Being graded by someone who likes to re-invent his own personal version of geography and history.  

Can't wait to hear Mr. Sparkle's response.  

Hey your just jealous becuase i have Sparky a better mark than you! (by the way you received 4/10) Haha ;)

haha i just checked out this thread and it's really funny. here's my opinion :

Europe --> europeans

Asia --> asians

Africa --> africans

America --> americans

Oceania --> (haven't heard this ,always remember them as australians)

Hope no New Zealanders read that... They are part of "Oceana"

I really only heard of that from the net when u look on the map on some websites to say where u are from.... everything ./. "Down here" Is Oceana... Fuckn retarded if u ask me...

And Ahhh u ppl are freaks this thread is too long.. i donno if i can be fucked reading it..... !

well moron i just say i haven't ever heard a name for ppl from oceana (if you prefer) ;) have you ? if yes then i wouldn't mind telling me so i can learn it ;) btw australia must be very cool.. i don't know why but it always seemed so great to me.. maybe because it's in the other end of the world from greece :) and the seasons are different ,very cool .... and i've seen pictures and videos from new zealand, i think it's a paradise ...

Once again I must pull out my pocket knife and carve holes in your theory... You see, back in the day, when it was called "The America's"  You could possibly call everyone Americans... But when everyone started splitting off into different countries, they took on Proper names such as 'Canada' and 'United States of America' .... At this point, it no longer became proper for everyone to be generalized as 'Americans' as that name was now given to the citizens of the United States of America... therefore making the rest of the people on the continent 'North Americans'  We refer to the Indians here as 'Native Americans'  in Canada the simply call them 'Natives'... (note american is not included) ...  So, once again you are wrong... Thanks for the rating, i would rate you but society has already done that... Your IQ is below 70 so here is your rating:

gnrlies rating - Mental Retardation  

hahaha i've got the biggest IQ in the world and i should look down to all of you .. just joking ;) however there's a good iq test at www.thespark.com . it's fun cause you can see other people's ratings if you know their email address. anyone dare to challenge my score ? ;)