Greatest Riff Composer?

johnezz

Greatest Riff Composer?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK, leading on from the other poll...

This one is based on which guitarist is better at making the most classic riffs.

NOTE: Slash not included because of bias in a GN'R forum.

Well, bloody hell this is hard to choose, so many great guitarists all with great and classic riffs. Argh dammit this is one of the hardest polls ive made to choose from. I find it hell hard to choose between Page, Iommi, Blackmore, Clapton and Hetfield.

Hmmm im going to have to go with:

Mr. Ritchie Blackmore.

Malcolm Young = better than Angus.

Together, some of the riffs those two have churned out were phenominal. The principle reason why I like AC/DC so much, the riffs hit you like a fucking truck in the face. Big, fat rock n' roll.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its the same riff dude

Together, some of the riffs those two have churned out were phenominal. The principle reason why I like AC/DC so much, the riffs hit you like a fucking truck in the face. Big, fat rock n' roll.

Its the same riff dude

Is that Motley Crue in your sig? :monkey:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its the same riff dude

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes.

Jimmy Page by far. He is the riff god.

I'm gonna add to his best riffs list:

hot dog, babe im gonna leave you, good times bad times, ten years gone, kashmir, rock n roll, since i've being loving you... oh fuck theres so many!@!@

I would have to say eddie van halen comes next, i just loved his riffs, like panama, hot for teacher, beautiful girls, running with the devil, aint talkin about love, jump... mmm they are my 2 favourite riff makers :P

I gotta go with Blackmore.

Stargazer, Gates of Babylon, Burn, Smoke, SPEED KING, Highway Star, Space Truckin'

The man in Black rules.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All those are awesome riffs, including:

Fireball

Demon's Eye

Stormbringer

Perfect Stangers

Man on the Silver Mountain

Starstruck

Kill the King

Long Live Rock N' Roll

All Night Long

Can't Happen Here

Jealous Lover

Power

Blackmore is THE man

Page was excellent, but for me Blackmore is better, he had far better solos, his riffs were heavier and more catchy, and on top of that he is proberly one of the greatest guitarists live.. he was insaine. He also was the first Shredder, yet could play a soulful slow piece eg: Catch the Rainbow, Mistreated, When a Blind Man Cries.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its the same riff dude

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hes right ACDC uses the same four chords in every song

jimmy page is a fucking genius when it comes to riffs Blackdog, moby dick, everything by him anyway :rolleyes: and richie blackmore is great too rock2

I gotta go with Malcom Young , Damn what anyone says those riffs ar e bitchin' especially in the 80's , very tough almnost thuggish style that you don't hear from other bands , fine some are similar but they still kick ass .

Peace GnR Nation :shades:

Its the same riff dude

yes.

Point proven. :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its the same riff dude

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Point proven. :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont actually like them if thats what you are trying to imply, nor does it make it a less valid claim that ac dc songs are based around mostly 5ths and major chords.

On topic, page. He made such slinky grooves with his riffs.

also randy never reached his potential sadly.